Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Invited to a car show

Last night I was at Sheetz (big gas station/c-store) and some dude comes in "is that your BMW?", which immediately worries me as I think someone hit my car or something.

Turns out he's organizing a car show for tonight and invites me to have my car in the show. What a compliment! My not-so-special ZHP is really not so special; the only items that are not stock right now are the wheels. This just speaks to how great the ZHP looks on the street.

The guy was telling me about his Buick Regal GS which has the supercharged V6 engine and a host of mods. He was saying how fast it was. As it worked out, we ended up on the street together. I was behind him and he tried to pull away from me but couldn't. And I mean not at all. I was a little surprised that a car with a S/C V6 couldn't pull on my little ZHP, but this was just a statement about how advanced BMW makes their inline 6. And of course the ZHP is quite a lot lighter than a Regal, but still. I didn't even take traction control off.

It's raining and my car is not that clean so I'm going to pass on the car show, but this was a cool invitation and encounter.

Awesome complement! See, we're not crazy, the e46 is gorgeous!

Also, IMO, car shows are more fun to go to than be in, it's a lot of stress.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Haha, that's awesome. Just wait until the show in Williamsburg next month!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-Brettski

nike001 Guest
    Hmmm.. was it all black with vette brakes? I know a fella with a similar car up here in NEPA. Where are you located OP?

I would have gone, people drool over my car even when I think its dirty.

Nice.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Nike, this car was all black and although I didn't get a good look at the brakes (only saw it while moving) it did have aftermarket wheels that appeared dark silver or black. The guy appeared to be local though b/c he said he works at a local business. This was in State College.

nike001 Guest
    Ah okay.. guess it wasn't the guy I know. Who woulda thunk that there's another black supercharged V6 buick in the kinda same region.. lol

awesome story. That buick he had... was that the old 80's one or a new one? Im not familar with american cars too well. Im surprised you won. Was the guy a good sport after he lost? nothing worse than someone getting uptight over a loss.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

@ Nike - I'm in fact surprised that there are 2 people out there who are into customizing Buick Regals. haha. To each his own.

@ BRG - His Buick was an early 2000's vintage. I looked it up and stock it is 240hp, but with the mods he had I'm guessing it was significantly more. And he did seem to be going full bore because he got the revs up before he hit it, and who would do that unless they were going to give it wood. I couldn't tell if he was a good sport b/c his windows were tinted dark; for all I know he could have been flicking me off afterward. We didn't get a chance to talk after that. I'm sure he was surprised that he couldn't drop me though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast