Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

This Just In-- Carbon Fiber!!!

First, a low-light nighttime teaser pick, then I'll discuss....

Ok, so carbon fiber grills from Bimmian. Quality is great. It can't be easy to wrap all those curves and corners, but they did a good job and the grills look great. I LOVE them on the car. Blend wonderfully with the Sparkling Graphite paint. I'm very happy with them and they are now permanent residents on the ZHP.

CF splitters from Khoalty-- Arrived on time and very nicely packaged. Had the wife hold one in place and took a good hard look-- not liking them on my car.

Nothing wrong with them, I just don't like the way they change the lines down there. The grills are subtle and look like they belong on the car. They don't beg to be noticed. The splitters, on the other hand, seem to really draw your attention to the bottom of the bumper. Too visually obtrusive for me. So, they will not be residing on the ZHP.

Next up, black/silver CF roundels from Khoalty for hood, trunk, and hubs. They look great when held up to the car, but I'm waiting on grommets and the nifty little roundel removal tool from ECS Tuning before I put them all on. They are definitely keepers and are really going to complete the look. Very happy!

So, some daylight pics tomorrow and when I get the roundels on the car.

Also have a unique visual mod in the works, but I'll leave that one as a teaser...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The grill looks great on the car. I like it.

Thanks, Mark.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Nice kidneys! I'm not normally a fan of CF - but I think they look good!

I haven't heard of this roundel removal tool - sounds like a must add to the tool box. I'll have to check out ECS tunings website.

Has anyone used it yet?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I'm old school myself. A cotton shirt and a screw driver do the job for me.

That's what I've used for my replacements so far - I've done front and back on my e30 twice. The second time the screwdriver poked through the cotton tshirt I was using. Luckily no paint was damaged.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Yeah. I have had that happen before, too. Have to be careful.

Be sure to say carbon fiber with a British accent... it just sounds cooler that way.

unless your British accent sounds like Austin Powers

I love the CF kineys! I got to see the CF roundels on mtnmans car in person, and I really like the way they look on there. You will love them! Can't wait to see what the secret mod is!!
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    I haven't heard of this roundel removal tool - sounds like a must add to the tool box. I'll have to check out ECS tunings website.

Has anyone used it yet?
    Figured for under $1, I couldn't go wrong.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...blem/ES261617/
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast