Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Temp Gauge Not Working

so the temp gauge is not working as of today. the needle just sits all the way to the left (blue). recently i had the cooling system done as well as changed the face on the cluster...obviously one of the two caused it. when replacing the cluster, i made sure all the electrical connectors in the gauge were working. so it's either the the thermostat or the calibration of the needle itself right? weird thing is it was working as of yesterday. any ideas? thanks in advance.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

So it did work at one point after the cooling system work was done? Do a search for the hidden OBC tests, one of them is for coolant temp. Run your car for a little bit and then see what temp the OBC says your car is running at. This will tell you if it is a cluster problem or not.

Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    So it did work at one point after the cooling system work was done? Do a search for the hidden OBC tests, one of them is for coolant temp. Run your car for a little bit and then see what temp the OBC says your car is running at. This will tell you if it is a cluster problem or not.
    Yes......or if the T-Stat is stuck open. What parts were used in the repairs? OEM? Aftermarket?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thanks guys. by chance know which number is the cooling test on the OBC menu?

dane, all parts were genuine BMW. at least that's what i was told at the shop i used. that's part of the reason i had a shop do it instead of DIY'ing, is that their quote for parts was almost same as the genuine BMW kit from ECS...
    --Wes--

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    thanks guys. by chance know which number is the cooling test on the OBC menu?

dane, all parts were genuine BMW. at least that's what i was told at the shop i used. that's part of the reason i had a shop do it instead of DIY'ing, is that their quote for parts was almost same as the genuine BMW kit from ECS...
    19:7

I have all the codes here...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-maintenance
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Mine acted crazy all of a sudden and the needle was off by 20 degrees (angles, I mean off of vertical). The whole range was shifted.

I did the cluster reset where all the dials and lights go through the diagnostics test. You know the one I mean:

The thing is, that I did it maybe 8 times. Every time, the temp needle would end in a different position. Eventually it all went back to normal.

Check OBC 19.7.0 and report it here.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

ok so i ran the 19.7 test, as well as the 2 cluster reset, i did it a couple times. first time, the temp gauge went back to working but the speedo stopped working, stuck at ~10mph. then i pulled over and did it again, now seems to be working. i dunno
    --Wes--

What was your temp on 19.7.0?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

it was in the low 90s, i presume that's C
    --Wes--

So, low 90's I believe is normal? Does it stay at that temp while running?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast