Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Splitters or no splitters?

ive had cf splitters before but the fitment was not great and my cf cracked badly...

i do like the aggressive feel they add to it but if i was to buy splitters again...i want perfect fitment...

what do you guys think??

splitters or no splitters?

To me it depends on what else is done to your car so that it complements it. For a relatively stock car or mildly done up, I vote no splitters...

Quote Originally Posted by bimmeryota View Post
    To me it depends on what else is done to your car so that it complements it. For a relatively stock car or mildly done up, I vote no splitters...
    This. I am going to try to keep the outside of my car fairly stock so no splitter for me!
    Tom, Proud owner of a 02/04 330CI ZHP with ZCW/ZPP and Nav

ahh sorry for not properly introducing myself but here are some pictures of my car...not that recent but will do for now...only difference is, it is much lower now since i got konis on.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...369&highlight=

I'm not sure I follow, the cf splitters on your car look good... are you just worried about them cracking again?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Splitters, for me this is a part not needed in CF, plastic for me.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I'm not sure I follow, the cf splitters on your car look good... are you just worried about them cracking again?
    the biggest concern i have is fitment....i dun want them to scratch my bumper again...

and if i was to get none cf...i would look for OEM club sport splitters. =)

CF splitters, your car looks nice.... I remember saving one of your pics before...

I was in Toronto couple of times last year, will be there again this summer.

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
    CF splitters, your car looks nice.... I remember saving one of your pics before...

I was in Toronto couple of times last year, will be there again this summer.
    hey thanks man...im looking for a pair now that i got some positive responses....

next time you are in toronto....give the commmunity a shout! e46toronto.ca

There are some who like cf splitters and then there are some who prefer plastic ones. Since I don't use either all I can add is that if done right, the cf ones do look awesome but need more TLC than the plastic ones do. Looking at my cf lips, they do take a beating and it shows on the clear coat over the cf material. Eventually they will need retreated otherwise they will not look good. only problem with carbon fiber but when fresh, man do they look good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast