Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Strut tower covers

Thanks to rikdee for the info in this thread....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ot-Marcus-quot

I received my set in the mail yesterday. Looks a whole lot better than the unfinished look of not having any type of cover over the bolts and strut bearings.

He mentioned a price of $15 a set but that was actually $15 each. I paid a little less at $13.11 a piece. Maybe a little expensive for what you're getting but WTH. It's a nice alternative for those of us without a strutbar.

I also got one of these but haven't done the install yet. Might get around to it today though since we're having a heat wave......it's a balmy 27F at 8 am!

Barry

So....how do they secure to the top of the strut tower? Do they just "snap" in?

Looks good.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yup, they just have a snug fit over the bolt heads. They have a different shape on two of the bolt cover part of them compared to the other one but I have no idea what for, unless it's for something on a different model maybe. Plus they say "BMW Motorsport" on them, good for AT LEAST 10 more HP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Yup, they just have a snug fit over the bolt heads. They have a different shape on two of the bolt cover part of them compared to the other one but I have no idea what for, unless it's for something on a different model maybe.

Those small slots were electrical cable guides for underhood parts (speed control IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by rikdee View Post

Those small slots were electrical cable guides for underhood parts (speed control IIRC).
    Thanks.....that's kinda what I figured they were for.

Excellent! I have been kicking around the idea of a strut brace for a sharp engine bay, but I may go this route instead. Pics either way.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    Excellent! I have been kicking around the idea of a strut brace for a sharp engine bay, but I may go this route instead. Pics either way.
    Smart choice...

Quote Originally Posted by rikdee View Post
    Smart choice...
    Idk....I think the added strut tower protection is worth gettin full blown strut bar...imho.

Those do look pretty good and would provide some foreign material exclusion regarding the bearings though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I use the OEM M3 strut bar to dress those up.

Pics pls....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast