Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, sir. She's been working fine with no leaks since I did it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Meric Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yes, sir. She's been working fine with no leaks since I did it.
    I guess I'm taking an action to replace the pump too! Thanks for the DIY!

Welcome, Meric.

Anytime, bud.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I sprung a leak on mine as well but definitely on the reservoir side. When I drove down to Sigfest, my reservoir was full and it was full when I got to Williamsburg. After the drive, my reservoir was empty and seems like its leaking from the nozzles. But both nozzles?
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
    I sprung a leak on mine as well but definitely on the reservoir side. When I drove down to Sigfest, my reservoir was full and it was full when I got to Williamsburg. After the drive, my reservoir was empty and seems like its leaking from the nozzles. But both nozzles?
    Bad cap maybe?

I think David had a problem where the cap wasn't releasing pressure.

When the tank heated up the increased pressure drove fluid out of the nozzles.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Hmmm interesting. I will check that. I just replaced my cap so that could be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Bad cap maybe?

I think David had a problem where the cap wasn't releasing pressure.

When the tank heated up the increased pressure drove fluid out of the nozzles.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
    Hmmm interesting. I will check that. I just replaced my cap so that could be the case.
    Yeah...cap didn't hold pressure (was leaking) so fluid didn't pump correctly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks for the writeup, I will definitely be using this when I fix mine this week. So, is it typical to replace the pump and grommet when doing this just as a safe measure? Mine looks like it is dripping from the pump and onto the grommet, but I have to look a little harder at it. Considering it is only $20 for the pump I might as well do it, ay?

Awesome DIY. Glad I found this. I came out to drive to work this morning to find washer fluid all over the garage floor.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by deuce08s View Post
    Thanks for the writeup, I will definitely be using this when I fix mine this week. So, is it typical to replace the pump and grommet when doing this just as a safe measure? Mine looks like it is dripping from the pump and onto the grommet, but I have to look a little harder at it. Considering it is only $20 for the pump I might as well do it, ay?
    That's how I looked at it. Cheap enough to just bang out both. Lord knows if it was one, the other would start leaking a week after I had it all apart.

From what I read they are both common failure items so it made sense to me to just do both.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast