Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah, they're from your car! I'd just call the police. If nothing happens with her, you're no worse off, but if they agree she did it she'll have to fix it.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

yea too late(he said she said cant prove it) sux just save the aggravation fix and move on.
    http://www.cobywheel.com/images/banners/cobybanner1 copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Sux that this happened. I just don't get people who do that. I hope it works out Ryan. I know the police can be extremely busy and might not want to handle a case like this, and it might be natural for someone to think, "well it's a BMW and you can afford insurance", so maybe a conversation with the officer along the lines of money might help, letting them know in some way you're not a rich BMW driver (even if you are, lol).

I saw someone hit a car in a parking lot just a few days ago and just drive right off. It was a big SUV so I supposed they might have been in denial hoping that they didn't hit something, but more likely they bailed out. This seems to big to not have noticed. I was able to get the plate # and leave a note on the car. I know you'll keep us posted.
    Excellent work JR. That's got to be some good Karma.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by coby1 View Post
    yea too late(he said she said cant prove it) sux just save the aggravation fix and move on.
    Can prove it easily with paint scraping analysis.

It's the issue of if they will go the extra mile.

All depends on how busy the jurisdiction is and how ambitious the cop is.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

This is my worst nightmare let us know how it turns out a simple paint scraping and 5 minutes on a mass spec can tell you paint make up.... Call the cops and have them be a middle man worst case is they brush you off best case is they fight for you

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Call CSI (Car Scratch Investigators) right now!

I would try to take some more photos of the damage to her car, if possible in daylight with "macro mode" on your camera. In case she tries to clean up the evidence on her car now that she knows you suspect her. Maybe collect a tiny paint flake from your car and from hers if you can without further scratching either car. Then if she doesn't fess up (with or without the police there), you can hold up a little vial or bag and declare you already collected a paint sample and you're going to send it to a lab to prove it was her car. That increases her chances of confessing if she did it, but if she still denies hitting you and invites you to send the paint to the lab, then either she is innocent or a really bold liar.

If the police can make her stand there and explain where and when she got that damage on her car, it might cause her to fess up, if she is guilty. Some people will be happy to lie to you but have trouble lying convincingly to a cop, and the cops sometimes use verbal intimidation to get confessions.

Bad situation, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. That looks like you found the right vehicle.

One option to consider is that you may have a lower deductible on your Comprehensive as opposed to your Collision insurance. For example, there was a time when I was driving and a truck tire blew out in front of me on the freeway, it smashed up my bumper something fierce on my trusty old Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe and I didn't get the trucker's info b/c he kept on driving (while I stopped to check for damage, I actually didn't file a police report b/c I was in the middle of a 1000 mile road trip and there was an incoming snow storm that I didn't want to be stuck in). In that situation I only had to pay the Comprehensive deductible, which was weirdly only $120. For that amount of money, I'd be tempted to avoid the whole conflict and just turn it in to my insurance (I would think it's Comprehensive since you were parked at the time so it's clearly not your fault). Whereas my Collision deductible was like $500. I'm no expert at all on this stuff, but something to consider.

I too got the opportunity to turn in a parking lot hit and run offender. I was on the balcony of my 2nd floor condo when I heard a scraping from the parking lot. I looked down and a car was pulling away after scraping an SUV. I got the license plate number and a description of the car, left a note, and the guy whose SUV got hit (son of one of my neighbors) actually stopped by to thank me. It's good to know that some of these bastards get caught.

Call the police now, get a report and request a paint analysis. The longer you wait the weaker your claim becomes. Cops will question why you waited so long. Don't lie about anything, just tell the truth. Tell it exactly the way it happened and why you waited to report it. Don't get involved in a ranged web. You are in the right.

Bump!
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

That's no bueno, I hope they fix that.

I thought I was mad when I walked over to my car and saw some girl had her door into it. I flipped out but that would make me livid.

Did you call the police yet?

I see a war dance on the hood of a Mercury Montego near your.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123