Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beisan VANOS Seals - Brand New

Got these last week but I'm going to go the drvanos route.

They are $60 plus $5 shipping from Beisan.

I will let them go for $60 shipped - saves you 5 bucks.

Curious why you decided to go Dr V.?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Curious why you decided to go Dr V.?
    I bet he didn't want to....or did not have time to do work on vanos unit?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bingo. I would rather swap out the parts for peace of mind. Dr. Vanos also includes new bearings.

for my own education for the day when (not if apparently) I need VANOS work: Beisan seals for a specific problem that might pop up, but its just the seals you replace for it. Dr. Vanos is a whole rebuild, bearings, seals, etc but upgraded and for cars that have the bad rattle problem. do I have it right?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Both kits do the same thing, Beisan sells you the parts to fix yours (the rattle kit is a separate item), Dr Vanos sells you a whole VANOS. Beisan uses upgraded seals, Dr Vanos does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Both kits do the same thing, Beisan sells you the parts to fix yours (the rattle kit is a separate item), Dr Vanos sells you a whole VANOS. Beisan uses upgraded seals, Dr Vanos does not.
    I think Dr. Vanos does use upgraded seals.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I think Dr. Vanos does use upgraded seals.
    They do.

From their site:
    Each dual vanos is fully rebuilt using modified bearings along with high-performance Viton O-rings and Teflon seals that will not only eliminate the vanos rattle, but also restore lost power due to worn out internals. Our vanos units will stand up to more abuse than the stock units, and will last the life of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by fauchpj View Post
    They do.

From their site:
    Each dual vanos is fully rebuilt using modified bearings along with high-performance Viton O-rings and Teflon seals that will not only eliminate the vanos rattle, but also restore lost power due to worn out internals. Our vanos units will stand up to more abuse than the stock units, and will last the life of the car.
    What's funny is that, in my experience.....the O-rings, nor the teflon seals(?) are what cause the rattle. It's the oversized spacers.

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What's funny is that, in my experience.....the O-rings, nor the teflon seals(?) are what cause the rattle. It's the oversized spacers.
    I thought it was the bearings that cause the rattle.
    Unless that is what you are referring to as spacers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast