Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Going from a summer to an all season tire you will notice a difference

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I mean, Ive driven plenty of cars with plenty of different tires. Mine just went from complete direct steering to feeling like a Cadillac on initial turn in. Need to check the FCABs and the sway bar.
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

So, the DWS is being phased out for its successor, the DWS 06.
    Just found out today. I think they are already on sale.

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by Simmsled View Post
    So, the DWS is being phased out for its successor, the DWS 06.
    Just found out today. I think they are already on sale.
    Yup, I bought a set and they were cheaper than the dws...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Yup, I bought a set and they were cheaper than the dws...

How do you like them?

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by Simmsled View Post
    How do you like them?
    They seem to be quite good... The noise is not too bad and the ride seem to have improved quite a bit.... But the main reason I bought these is cause of the low temperatures and snow, so Il reserve my final judgement until the end of winter but so far no complaints...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

After 5 months or so of DWS06 on my wife's Mazda6 (2014 - very sporty for its size), I am really happy with them, so went with the same for the ZHP - should be installed in about a week.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I am running the older DWS on my ZHP currently. I wasn't impressed with the way they handled in the snow last year, however, I had to say, we had a TON of snow.
    I am going to run Dunlop SP Winter Sport snow tires this winter.

The DWS were quite nice in light snow. I would 100% buy these again for everyday driving in a climate that sees light snow and colder temps. I am extremely happy with the way they are wearing as well. So far I have 15k miles on these.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

I had a set of the prior DWS on my ZHP and was torn between what to do for my next setup. I have posted in other threads that i keep my my tire inflations pretty low compared to others in order to get even wear. I run at 30/31 PSI all around.

My Conti DWSes were deep into the wear bars on the rears at 30K miles. The fronts were still above the wear bars (probably 60-65% wear). I did like the DWS in light snow which is what we get in Portland, OR.

I made the decision to get a square setup for snow (17x8 all around) and keep the staggered set for daily driving and wanted an inexpensive tire. I ended up going with the Barum Bravuris 3HM. Super cheap setup from Discount Tire ($88/front, $124/rear), installed and balanced for right around $500.

Just finished taking a trip to Bandon Dunes in the pouring rain around 45*F and the tires were just fine. No noise at up to 90mph highway, more than adequate grip in curves at aggressive, but reasonably sane speeds considering the rain. No scary twitchiness or anything.

Considering the cost of the DWS06 in staggered format, I am happy going with a separate summer/winter wheel/tire setup.

It was a difficult choice to not stay with the DWS line but I decided to bite the bullet and finally go for a winter/summer setup. If I could find just the fronts of my Style 135 wheels to make it a square setup, I probably would have continued with the DWS06 because I could rotate them and get closer to 40-45K miles out of them.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    I had a set of the prior DWS on my ZHP and was torn between what to do for my next setup. I have posted in other threads that i keep my my tire inflations pretty low compared to others in order to get even wear. I run at 30/31 PSI all around.

My Conti DWSes were deep into the wear bars on the rears at 30K miles. The fronts were still above the wear bars (probably 60-65% wear). I did like the DWS in light snow which is what we get in Portland, OR.

I made the decision to get a square setup for snow (17x8 all around) and keep the staggered set for daily driving and wanted an inexpensive tire. I ended up going with the Barum Bravuris 3HM. Super cheap setup from Discount Tire ($88/front, $124/rear), installed and balanced for right around $500.

Just finished taking a trip to Bandon Dunes in the pouring rain around 45*F and the tires were just fine. No noise at up to 90mph highway, more than adequate grip in curves at aggressive, but reasonably sane speeds considering the rain. No scary twitchiness or anything.

Considering the cost of the DWS06 in staggered format, I am happy going with a separate summer/winter wheel/tire setup.

It was a difficult choice to not stay with the DWS line but I decided to bite the bullet and finally go for a winter/summer setup. If I could find just the fronts of my Style 135 wheels to make it a square setup, I probably would have continued with the DWS06 because I could rotate them and get closer to 40-45K miles out of them.
    +1 for these Barum tires. I just put two 245/40-17 on my rear Style 68s and they have performed well so far. I intend to replace my front tires with them when it is time.

Fun fact: The Bravuris 3HM is "Y" speed rated!

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12