Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    nice!! what are you using for capture and editing equipment/software>?

Capture is all through the torque app. I know it's on android, not sure if its on the apple store. The app connects to a odbII reader through bluetooth and, basically, if I have a sensor for it I can set up a meter on the track recorder for it. The recorder lets you select low, medium, high, 720 and 1080 for vid quality. There is an application made by torque that connects to the app on the phone through your home wifi and pulls the video and metadata over and then weaves it all together. The process to pull the data over is slow and clunky, but if you find where it is saving the files, you can plug your phone in to your computer and just copy them over and save yourself some time. For editing I'm using VideoPad. It's not the easiest to use, but it's free, and is letting me change from mp4 to avi (thus changing a 4 gig file into a 400 meg file).

I made some decent progress at the event. Aparently I need to work on not fixating on a point, and get just a little more comfortable with speed. But my instructor did say that he was pretty impressed for this being my first event.

Looks like a very fun track! I will have to take a look into it. Which bluetooth adapter are you using?

Does it have oil temperature as an option? Sorry for all the questions, I am more interested in data logging and learning new things.

I just thumbed through the app and I didnt see oil pressure or temp. The app will let you set up a dial for anything that an odb2 could have a reading for. There are a shit ton of options for fuel pressure, and fuel rails, cat temps, o2 sensor voltage, all manner of things that my car doesn't give data for.

It also claims to do roll, and x,y,z accel but I'm not convinced of their accuracy since it is dependent on the acceleratorometers in your phone. There is a accel 'widget' that it wont let me place on the track recorder that is the circle with a dot that moves corresponding to your accel.

Torque reads and clears fault codes too, which is the main reason that I bought it.

I believe that this is the one that I have. Rumors are that the more expensive ones have a better transmit rate.
    http://www.amazon.com/ELM327-Bluetoo...odb2+bluetooth

And VIR is a hell of a lot of fun. They're about do do some work on the track. The flat and uphill esses before and after the bridge are going to be widened at the apexes which some people are quite unhappy about. Rumor is that the track may be trying to bid a NASCAR race soon.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I am also interested in data acquisition that could monitor oil temps and oil pressure, but I have not seen any app or device that can easily get oil temps on the E46 non-M. I think oil temp is just not available via OBD-2, and the oil pressure only goes to the warning light on the dash not to the DME. I think coolant temps are available with the right app, and definitely intake air temps. But to get oil temps and pressure, AFAIK one must install extra sensors, unless you redirect the wires from the existing oil temp and pressure sensors. The E46 M3 might be difference since it displays oil temps on the dash.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314