Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Rear View Mirror Options

So after getting my tints on the car, I start driving down the road only to notice that my rear view mirror has a massive air bubble in it. I can't imagine that the tint shop had anything to do with it, more or less just bad luck and horrible timing.

Right now it looks like this.

It's a little hard to see but the air bubble is almost covering the top portion of the mirror.

So now what should I do? Do I just get another mirror? Can I fix the one I have now?

Also, I'm not to sure the autodimming feature was working properly before, because I never noticed the mirror dim at all. I'm sure if it was working properly I would have noticed it dimming, but to me it always seemed the same.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

If that's an auto-dimming mirror...that's not a bubble. That's the auto-dim fluid leaking out....and if it gets on your interior, it's ruined (stuff is caustic). Put a bag around it asap.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Meric Guest
    Why did you tint your mirror? They should dim at night not sure i never see it dimmed in daylight.

They didn't tint his mirror Meric.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ugh, that sucks. I always keep an eye on mine for this. I'd take it out tho so it won't leak. It's easy to remove.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

I've checked the interior for leaks and felt around the mirror itself. I can't find any fluid leaking out and I don't see anything stained (thank God). Were some of the mirror not autodimming ones?
    ~Rob~

Yes. My does not auto-dim. I have to turn the clown nose for night driving.

Oh ok. Let me go twist my clown nose and see what happens. Never done it before.
    ~Rob~

That may not be the tell though. I think even the auto dim mirrors, ccan be manually dimmed. I think you have the auto dim mirror.

Do all ZHPs come with auto-dim mirrors standard?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast