Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    does it lock you out of the iPod while connected? i.e can you browse songs on the iPod while connected? Or will it only play playlists?

thx
    Sorry, I thought I had answered this. I will do so now. Once the car is started and the iPod is connected you have full control of the iPod. Right now mine is located in the trunk, but there is plenty of cable to have the iPod in the center console or glove box if you're interested in running the cable. It would be really nice to have it accessible in the front of the car to control the iPod but I've been too lazy to set it up right now.

So far, I have no complaints with the product. It works great.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Hey guys...
    I ordered soundplicity and installed it yesterday.
    As mentioned before installation is a snap.
    I ran the ipod cable from the trunk along the drivers side trim, under the drivers seat, to the center console(they have videos that illustrate this).
    I switched out my cup holders for a eurobin which is where my ipod is housed. The rear of the eurobin already has an opening so the cable fits right through.
    All in all a clean set up.

Sound quality is great.
    It charges your ipod.
    You can control track up and down via the steering wheel.
    I have oem navigation in my car and I cannot use the 2-6 buttons to select playlists(Not sure why but not a big deal since I have the ipod at my fingertips anyway).
    The only other oddities are sometimes it doesn't pause my ipod when I turn off the car and an unusual mechanical/disc seeking sound. It happens when I turn the radio off and turn it back on or while using the mode button to go back and forth to fm. I have found that if the sound occurs you can get rid of it by using the mode button a couple more times.

All in all though I think its great and addresses all of the major issues I was concerned with: clean sound, charges the ipod, track & volume up and down via the steering wheel.
    Last edited by velocity_b; 10-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks for update!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It looks like they are discontinuing the SoundPlicity III and they are $150 off right now in the clearance section of BavSounds website. Integrate your iPhone, Android, iPod, USB media stick, satellite radio, and Bluetooth music streaming hands-free calling into your BMW all with one incredible plug and play device that works with your existing electronics and radio.

Check it out if you need an audio solution for your car:

SoundPlicity III $247
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123