Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the Hero2 and a buddy of mine has the first one. Quality is much cleaner and images crisper. Plus it can do 1080p as opposed to 720.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
    I have the Hero2 and a buddy of mine has the first one. Quality is much cleaner and images crisper. Plus it can do 1080p as opposed to 720.
    Original hero has 1080p as well.

Anyways, I picked up a Hero2 awhile ago. Apparently none of you watch my videos

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

M0nk3y, I watched a few of your AutoX videos! I have the old HD Hero but am so happy with it because I started with the original non-HD Hero (only goes to 360p). Yes the interface is confusing but it's similar to the non-HD hero so I was used to it. There was a Hero 960 model that will shoot in 720p or 960p but does not go up to 1080p. Costco was selling the 960p one a few months ago. I ended up buying the regular HD Hero on eBay around November 2011 but never shoot in full 1080.

In my latest video I was rafting so the camera was on top of my head and extra red LEDs wouldn't have helped me. Had to rely on those next to me to tell me if it was really on or not. Took it surfing recently and I kept taking the helmet off to make sure I had properly switched it on and off.
    Here's one of the rafting videos. Be sure to watch it in HD!

I've borrowed my buddies Hero before and it's cool but I am about to buy a Hero2 mainly because of the external mic (pic quality is my second reason). The mic on the camera picks up a ton of wind noise and that really bothers me when I watch videos. With the external mic you can set it up in areas where you can hear the engine much more clearly and I care about that.

Here's an example on a M3 with a mic in the ECU bin:

the best thing is rocking 720p 60fps and external mic!! I need to research a little more on setups for a better trackday videos

The menus are definitely easier to navigate on the Hero2

Derek, I've been wondering that since the input on the Hero2 is stereo maybe getting a 3.5mm stereo to mono splitter from radio shack and running two mono mics. If I was to do that I would put one in the engine bay and one near the exhaust but I just don't know how it would really sound. Otherwise my other idea is putting one in the ECU bin and one in the drug bin for a true stereo sound

I've been looking for something with good sound with tires as well!

This is the only mounting location I got a good sound from my car with the internal mic. I wonder if the sounds will cause clashing with two mics like that?

Keep me updated on the external mic, please.

You can usually get good sound from the engine with the skeleton backplate, but at 70-80 mph it gets washed out

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Saw GoPro Hero 2 on sale at Costco for $199+tax but it's the "outdoor adventure" package not the Motorsports package. And I think Costco is carrying them only because now GoPro has the Hero 3!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I should add that the Costco $199 deal is the "Adventure package" with helmet strap mount, headlamp style mount, and WiFi BacPac. I don't think it includes the WiFi remote but includes an app to let popular smartphones act as the camera's WiFi remote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast