Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been a while, back for a bit, red oil/battery light on

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone so long. Joined the USMC and been dealing with that.

Anyhow, my 325i e46 2002, stalled while I was driving and the red oil/battery light came on.

I checked the oil, perfect, battery is fine, and I've been trying to find a reason and cannot.

My guesses :
    Plugs,alternator,fuel pump.

Thanks for the help as always fellas.

Are you sure it was the red oil and battery light? Can't say I've seen those two come on together. How is it running now?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yes its the red oil light and battery light. The car will start but die in like 3-4 seconds if that. I've been goggling for answers, I've seen similar symptoms but everyone has a different answer. It just died literally on the street out of nowhere. I leave again in June and I hope I can fix it before I take off.

I'm going to see what I should do here tomorrow, but before I try to take it in, if it's a DYI I'd like to do it.

Here's a photo I find, this is not my car and I do not have the Brake Pad lights and such on. Just the battery and oil light.

And I don't think it's the alternator because it does start, and I figure a shot alternator wouldn't let electricity run through the car, or even start it for that 3 second time period.

Sounds like fuel pump perhaps. Any SES lights? Maybe check fuel pressure at the rail.

You look like the Beeb, don't you? I bet the MArines are having a heyday with that. Anyways....good luck to you, and thanks for serving. Keep your chin up.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yes, I was told the fuel pump would be the most obvious way to go. They're known just for kind of just stopping aren't they?

And yes I'm the Beib, they had fun shaving my head that's for sure! It's been a great time, photo's I am getting from what I see is amazing. and I know how much you like photography Dane, the things I've seen would blow peoples minds! We have a beautiful world, but I appreciate it and will serve my best, Semper Fi.

Usually////fuel pump failure will be attendant with fault codes. Do the usual....troubleshoot on the relay...and whether or not you hear the fuel pump.

Well....it's great to see you doing well. The military will be what you...the Beib.....makes of it...hehe. Bust your ass everyday......it will pay off.

Watch yer 6.

Would VDO be an okay brand to use on this, if it does end up being the fuel pump. http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325...uel/ES2176243/

And If someone could give me that link to where the e46 part blueprint list is please, I forgot the link, sorry!!!

realoem.com nevermind got it!

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Usually////fuel pump failure will be attendant with fault codes. Do the usual....troubleshoot on the relay...and whether or not you hear the fuel pump.

Well....it's great to see you doing well. The military will be what you...the Beib.....makes of it...hehe. Bust your ass everyday......it will pay off.

Watch yer 6.

Yes, I've grown to love the Marine Corps. It's given me a bunch of motivation rather than sitting at Spirit day after day. So I quit that job and joined the Corps. I'm enrolled in Photo & Film school in San Diego, since thats where I've been living for the past 6 months. How's everything been with you brother Dane?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast