Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Tried putting down my R/F window...

... and when it got to about the halfway point, I heard some nasty crunching and grinding sounds. Heart drops. What to do? Leave it? Try putting it up? Well, with all the inconsistent rain we've been having, I had to take my chances. Fearing my tint would be all gouged and the window would go up crooked, I pulled up on the switch... and... nothing... went up as smooth as every other time, no noises, no scratches or anything. It is in the upright position and staying there until I know what's going on.
    Regulator crapping out?
    Who's experienced this before?
    I have a sedan, BTW.
    Thanks Mafia.

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

Yeah...the regulator is gone. Replace asap. What you heard...was the braided cable NOT wrapping smoothly around the pulley. It may go up/down a few more time if it "righted" itself......but now that it is kinked....will most likely only get worse.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Is it a pain in the ass to do? Or just get that door panel off and it's pretty self explanatory? I'm pretty bad with repairs on more delicate things... Such as this...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

Quote Originally Posted by CERF04ZHP View Post
    Is it a pain in the ass to do? Or just get that door panel off and it's pretty self explanatory? I'm pretty bad with repairs on more delicate things... Such as this...

Checked the stickies diy thread. Make sure you disconnect the battery. Never turn car on, connect battery, when the airbag is disconnected. You will pop an SRS Airbag code. Just set aside an afternoon, follow the DIY, and knock it out.

Delivered from SIGFest USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Checked the stickies diy thread. Make sure you disconnect the battery. Never turn car on, connect battery, when the airbag is disconnected. You will pop an SRS Airbag code. Just set aside an afternoon, follow the DIY, and knock it out.

Delivered from SIGFest USA
    Word.