Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Chipped/Cracked Glass

So when I removed my rear view mirror the other day I noticed that I had a very small rock chip on my windshield, along with a very small crack line. Rock chip is maybe 3/4 the size of a BB and the crack line is about the diameter of a dime. I'd rather not ignore this and end up needing a new windshield, but I'm curious to see what everyone suggests.

I checked safelite and got an online quote for $125 which seems outrageously high.

There are a bunch of kits that you can purchase that seem to work fairly well for about $20 or so.

Thoughts?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

I've used the kits before, they work well.

That is really high!

I've never seen the kits but I use to do this for safelite back in the day, if you want I can look at it next week for you. I'll be down your way.

Actually, let me make a phone call, we might be able to knock this out for free...
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

My insurance company fixed my stars (on my last windshield) for free.

I have USAA. They did it in my garage.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1 with USAA, but most companies would rather fix something small and cheap and do it for you for free vs. a whole windshield with an insurance claim, check your insurance.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    That is really high!

I've never seen the kits but I use to do this for safelite back in the day, if you want I can look at it next week for you. I'll be down your way.

Actually, let me make a phone call, we might be able to knock this out for free...
    Noted. Thanks Cody!

I have State Farm insurance. I'm hesitant to ask my insurance company to fix anything. I feel like they will say it is free until I have to pay my premium.

Either way, its a small chip. I'll call them when I get a chance and see what's up with that.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

No problem man, they are going to get back to me tomorrow and let me know if I can borrow it when I come down that way.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Noted. Thanks Cody!

I have State Farm insurance. I'm hesitant to ask my insurance company to fix anything. I feel like they will say it is free until I have to pay my premium.

Either way, its a small chip. I'll call them when I get a chance and see what's up with that.
    Understand, but they really don't want a full windshield replace as a claim, so they won't ding you (no pun intended) down the road. They want the cheap fix.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If you have a small chip get it fixed. I had a small chip in my windshield on my truck for two years. It was down low under the wiper blades, so no big deal. I came out yesterday and there is this 1 foot crack running straight up the dam windshield. Son of a B!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k