Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ZHP Mafia SIGfest Parking Thread/Diagram for Dane Wilson's Home

Hello SIGfest Attendees/Mafia Family!

Dane and his family are graciously hosting a bunch of us BMW car nuts for the weekend, and he is expecting 35+ cars expected for Friday night’s festivities. With that in mind, Dane and I have been working hard to make parking as smooth, efficient, and quick as possible to avoid backups on the main road in front of his house & general mass confusion, like the one found in European Vacation on the Traffic Circle! With that in mind, we have devised a parking plan to be sure that everyone will fit and mafia traffic will flow as smoothly as possible. Given the space requirements to park all of us at the Wilson residence, please be sure to park as close as possible to the vehicle next to you, as directed upon arriving.

Our host family is opening their doors & grounds to us, so please treat their home and property like you would your own.

• Members Camping/Staying @ Wilson Central:
    Dane has started a new thread for you, and has asked that you arrive anywhere from 1600 hours (that’s 4:00PM!) onwards on Friday. The goal with this earlier arrival is to keep the campers’ cars on the driveway so that they are not causing damage to the lawn by sitting on it long-term, and it eliminates your vehicles needing to be shuffled in the dark to allow the offsite lodging guests to leave later on in the evening. Referring to the diagram, please plan to be parked in rows 1 & 2 at an angle on the driveway, backed into place, maximizing allowable space. Easiest method to this parking area is to enter the driveway, come around the circle COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, and plan to back up towards the garage (marked with corresponding colored arrows on the diagram). Side benefit is that this will make for a fantastic photo shoot!

• Members Staying in Hotels/Off-site:
    Please plan to arrive around 1700 hours (that’s 5:00PM!) for us to direct you for parking on the grass areas first (both next to the drive and next to the main front road), with overflow going onto the driveway. Entrance points (marked with corresponding colored arrows on the diagram) are going to be at the top of row 1 near the garage, and also from mid-point in the circle, which after entry may require some backing into place (with spotter assistance). The idea here is that this group will be the first to leave later on in the evening, and we are aiming to make departure as painless as possible after some Mafia Cheer, hence the backing into place during the daylight hours!

Another reason for having you back into place is in case of emergency, fire or otherwise, and the need to empty the driveway/grass in an expeditious manner. With all vehicles facing the exit, this would go quickly, smoothly & efficiently.

Have special questions, comments, complaints, concerns, requests, thoughts? Worried that your Imola coupe is going to pick a fight with a Tiag sedan? Please let us know. We are willing to work with you if you have special issues. Oh that’s right…we are a bunch of car crazies, so we all have issues…and are all special!

Look forward to seeing everyone at SIGfest! We hope to have parking in the bag with this info to you ahead of arrival. Safe travels to All!

-Brett

Rube Goldberg's Parking Diagram:

Name:  ZHP Mafia Parking Version 5.0.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  313.0 KB

In case any of you are lost with my European Vacation reference above.

Sweet, I might make it fairly early on Friday.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Thanks for putting this together Brett. Well done.

Delivered from SIGFest USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My pleasure. Thank you for all of your input!

Thanks Brett! I was beginning to wonder how we were going to be parking our rides at the big event

As I'll be coming in early to assist with food and area prep, then staying off site, what would be the best place for me to park?
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    As I'll be coming in early to assist with food and area prep, then staying off site, what would be the best place for me to park?
    Kyle, probably at the neighbors down the street! Just kidding man! I am sure that there will be plenty of room. Well, you will probably need to unload a bunch of gear, so perhaps the grass would be best. We can figure it out on Friday - no worries!! This thread is not to get everyone stressed before arrival, just to give everyone a heads up as to what we are thinking in terms of parking.

I'm only cautious about reversing at night. My current reverse lights (working on a new set now, but might not happen before meet) are blacked out and my windows are very tinted. I don't mind getting blocked in. I plan on arriving ~5pm and I'm staying off site, but would like to stay for our California members' arrival, which is very late as I understand it.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Oh....it's going to be a late night. Of course people can leave when they want....but....last call is.....well.......idk.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I'm only cautious about reversing at night. My current reverse lights (working on a new set now, but might not happen before meet) are blacked out and my windows are very tinted. I don't mind getting blocked in. I plan on arriving ~5pm and I'm staying off site, but would like to stay for our California members' arrival, which is very late as I understand it.
    No problem Ryan. Hopefully by getting everyone backed into place during the daylight hours, we won't have to have anyone maneuvering in reverse after dark, especially with all of the expensive German sheet metal around to hit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast