Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

You won't believe what happened to my car

As the title says, you won't believe what happened to my car tonight. Exterior damage only, but here's the story. I volunteered to setup/tear down at my kids middle school for the 1st annual Science Night, where companies and volunteers bring in hands-on experiments and exhibits for kids. So I parallel part on the street away from the school lot thinking it's safe from the door dings of the in n out attendees. So what happens?

Mylar balloons somehow get released from the event, cross the street, tangle in a power line, blow up the transformer and down a power line, RIGHT ON MY CAR! It's scratched from front to rear, exactly where the power line hit. My car was not "electrocuted"... it runs fine. But it's dinged front to back, including the roof (needs further investigation). The power company left me a card for a "claim", but it's got to be THOUSANDS in damages, as virtually every panel on the left side will need painting... hood, door, side panel, trunk. The bright side is that I did want to respray my hood/trunk but this is ridiculous. Hopefully I won't need a new top but that's currently in question. Can you freakin' believe it? Going for estimates tomorrow, and will post pics then. :smh

A couple of other cars where hit too. To top it off, it killed the power to the Science Night and the local neighborhood (except for auxiliary power at the school). We had to rent generators from 2 Home Depots to power many of the exhibits. Most everything got running, and the Science Night was successful, but man, what a night!

EDIT: Oh, and the power guy says "Was there some sort of party here? We get calls like this a lot this time of year due to graduations, etc." Crazy, huh?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Man what a bummer. It is just a car and luckily no one was hurt. I hope it is a speedy recovery for the ZHP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks. Glad no one was hurt. Now that I've said that....pics please!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

John sorry to hear about the car, just glad no one was hurt. Hope the power company pats for it all.

sent from dennis' personal electronic device

Sorry to hear the bad news John. Make sure to pick a good body shop using high quality paint. In a month, your car will shine like new. Take pics and progress to recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

Man, that is horrible John. There needs to be a "force field" option over at the dealership so nicely painted vehicles are safe! I hope you get it all fixed up how you'd want and in a timely fashion.

I'd send Ryan over there to paint it for you but she won't fly!

Sorry to hear about that John, that sounds like my luck. No mater how hard you try to keep something you care about out of harms way it seems to be that you just can't have anything nice.

Im sure they will honor the damages, and the car will look back to new.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Wow, what awful luck. Sorry to hear.

Damn. Sorry to hear my friend.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Oh my goodness John! I can't believe it. I'm sure that was heartbreaking to see.

Like others have said, this can be fixed. And, man I hope it gets taken care of quick.

FWIW, Glasurit is the paint on Lucy and it's what paint BMW of Asheville uses to repair their BMWs.

Again, that's a total bummer, but now you can add stripes!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast