Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Yes, the knob fix is a very simple DIY.

Take radio out and open it up. I reenforced the area with a small piece of balsa wood and some hot glue. Been working great for over 2 years now.
    FTW
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Couple of other questions - I've ordered new A-pillar covers and the little thin inserts for the centers. How easy is the swap? I know about removing the centers and the torx (?) screws to get the things off, but are there clips involved and is it possible to remove them without breaking them? Should I disconnect the battery to avoid possible airbag deployment, or is that not necessary?

My sun visors are in good shape, but the stupid warning stickers on them are shriveling up. Can I remove them safely with something like GoofOff, without damaging the felty-like covering material?

I live the car tomorrow with my paint correction wizard while I'm out of town. Should be a stunner when I get back.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I just did mine today. It's very easy, no clips on the A-pillar covers, just the 3 torx screws and you pull it off.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Couple of other questions - I've ordered new A-pillar covers and the little thin inserts for the centers. How easy is the swap? I know about removing the centers and the torx (?) screws to get the things off, but are there clips involved and is it possible to remove them without breaking them? Should I disconnect the battery to avoid possible airbag deployment, or is that not necessary?

My sun visors are in good shape, but the stupid warning stickers on them are shriveling up. Can I remove them safely with something like GoofOff, without damaging the felty-like covering material?

I live the car tomorrow with my paint correction wizard while I'm out of town. Should be a stunner when I get back.
    I peeled off the airbag stickers with my nail. It is now all black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't disconnect the battery when I did my A pillars (twice).

Cover the round part of you socket ranch with a bandaid before you scratch your windshield when removing the Torx screws.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Great advice everyone, thanks!

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

So.. car is now detailed in and out, new ZHP knob today, and I have the replacement A-pillar covers. I just pulled the passenger side and when trying to slide the replacement into place, I was having a hard time getting it to sit down into the corner of the dash just right, and didn't have a lot of light, so I'll finish up tomorrow. Any secrets in lining that puppy up and having it fall into its proper location?

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

You have to "tuck" that corner in pretty far.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12