Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ryans323i's Travelogue

Getting ready!

This is my route to SIGFest; Black Mountain, NC to Hilton Garden Inn, Williamsburg, VA (my Hotel):

- Take the ramp onto I-40 E , 131 mi
    - Slight left to stay on I-40 E, 31.5 mi
    - Merge onto I-85 N, 46.0 mi
    - Slight left to stay on I-85 N, Entering Virginia, 124 mi
    - Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/Richmond and merge onto I-95 N, 15.8 mi
    - Keep right at the fork to continue toward E Wythe St 0.4 mi
    - Turn right onto E Wythe St 0.6 mi
    - Continue straight onto E Washington St 3.7 mi
    - Continue onto VA-36 E/Oaklawn Blvd 0.8 mi
    - Merge onto I-295 N via the ramp to Washington 18.4 mi
    - Take exit 28 to merge onto I-64 E toward Norfolk , 34.1 mi
    - Take exit 234 for VA-199/State Route 646 toward Lightfoot, 0.3 mi
    - Turn right onto VA-199 E , 1.5 mi
    - Take the US-60 exit toward Lightfoot/Williamsburg, 0.2 mi
    - Turn right onto US-60 E/Richmond Rd, Destination will be on the right, 3.4 mi

Important intersections

Greensboro, NC & I-85- 10:30 am
    Durham, NC - 11:30 am
    Fort Lee, I95 intersection @ Oaklawn Blvd - 1:30pm
    Richmond, VA @ I-64 : 2:30 pm
    Hilton Garden Inn : 3pm

These times could be delayed due to traffic, meeting up with caravaners, and/or eating and restroom breaks.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

In for pics of the trip. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wouldn't it be awesome if most, if not all of us, from the north could meet up with everyone traveling from the sourh at Richmond to make the trip in?

TT + iPhone4

It would be cool. But, I'm heading straight to the Hotel, not Dane's. Maybe those of us staying at the hotel can ride over to Dane's together?

^ Good idea Ryan. We're headed to get Horney (Justin) and then to the hotel. Going to find a carwash, a liquor store (if time allows) then hit Dane's around 5:00
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Sounds about like my plans. I'm bringing some waterless car wash and plan on cleaning the car up in the hotel parking lot. It can do 5-6 cars (it says) and you and anyone else is free to use it if you want. Also, I wonder if the hotel has a water spigot, I'll bring a hose! Then cleaning myself up, then it should be about time to head to Dane's. Btw, what liquor are you planning on picking up? I don't want to drink too much so I'd be happy throw in on a bottle of something if you'll share.

I'm not really sure if I want beer or if I'm going all in. If its liquor (which it most likely will be) then Vodka or Rum with a Calorie Free mixer is most likely my choice, so which ever you prefer. I have very very limited space in the 135 as the trunk is teeeny tiny, and I'm trying to pack lightly and then stop for booze and things when I get there. Horney gets the backseat for him and his gear, and he's tallll, this will be interesting. I don't mind sitting in my own back seat if I have to. I will take you up on the waterless car wash though, not having luck finding a do-it-yourself car wash near the hotel.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

I prefer Vodka, personally, but Rum's fine too. Either way it's not a big deal. We can work it out at the Hotel.

Justin in the back seat of a 135!?!? Take pictures! I've sat in the back of a 135 and was "ok", but Kyle, who is ~5'7" was cramped.

There is a new carwash around the corner from Danes, google map- colonial carwash.
    I like Captain Morgans if you two would want to go in thirds on that, and I would also pick it up as a bonus.

Ryan, would you want to meet up in Durham for the drive up?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast