Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Please tell me my dealer is wrong...OEM electronic stuff

So I really want to stay OEM if possible. I wanted both the ipod integration kit AND a AUX hook up behind my nav screen. My dealer called and said that that wont work because the ipod integration kit takes up the pins that the AUX and CD changer would use, and with it the AUX mode disapears too.

My heart sank. I wanted my old ipod to stay in my glove box and use that mostly, but sometimes plug in my iphone via the AUX plug and stream net music.

Does anyone have both or expereince with this?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Only time I have seen/heard of both being available, was with the use of the DICE Mediabridge. But its not OEM.
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

thats a bummer. I hear DICE has a lot of issues...
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Check out the denison gateway. BP has it and I plan on buying it this summer. I believe it allows you to have both options at once and with the iPod you can control it from you stock head unit. Again not OEM though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

this model seems to have all the features I am looking for: http://www.dension.com/product/gateway-five Ill have to look into this....

I have the Dension Gateway 300. It is, in my mind, the absolute best and most comprehensive iPod/media player integration kit available anywhere, discounting Bluetooth. They have models available with Bluetooth as well.

Mine has USB, Aux, and iPod connections (charges as well without any special adapters).

Fully integrated, steering wheel controls are fully functional.

You'll have to check Dension's site to see if they offer one for cars with nav, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for the feedback. Where did you get the unit? It seems like they do not have a large presence in the US.

I was looking over their site and the 500 seems to be compatible with the nab system and it has Bluetooth and Bluetooth streaming!

Excellent.

I ordered mine on eBay. They are pretty hard to find in the US, but there is a shop that I know sells the unit I have. The shop is called EnfigCarStereo located in New Jersey. This is the website. I had the owner install it for me at the shop.

I don't think they have the Gateway Five that is compatible with a BMW, but it would most definitely be worth calling them and asking if they can order one for you, since they carry numerous Dension products.

Or, you can go onto ebay.co.uk or a similar European eBay site and purchase from there. The model you should look for is GWF1BM4.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Check out Grom Audio. I have a usb unit in my zhp that runs usb, aux, and ipod and it works great

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast