Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Do note, I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong. This is at your own risk. Along the same note, I have done maybe a dozen or so cars successfully, so do with that info what you want.
    You probably want to be pretty explicit about this. I know it is going to be a friendly environment but friendships fall apart quick when money is involved - this is an inherently dangerous and non-dealer-supported activity that can brick very expensive things.

Also with this many cars and people in one place all doing coding, keep a laser eye on battery voltage - it would be better if someone had a battery tender to use during the process. The one guaranteed way to send things south when screwing with NCSe is to have a battery dip voltage in the middle of the process.

Just a fair warning to those asking for his help.

Few notes on your code...

PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON I believe will not have aktiv/nicht_aktiv under it, only wert.

If anyone is getting DRLs turned ON, you control the dimming with this field:

DRL_DIMMUNG
    wert_01/02/03

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    eliminate the double interior door pull.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, this cannot be uncoded - if a door is locked, it will take two pulls of the handle to open it. This is mechanical and not software.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    You probably want to be pretty explicit about this. I know it is going to be a friendly environment but friendships fall apart quick when money is involved - this is an inherently dangerous and non-dealer-supported activity that can brick very expensive things.
    Hence the disclaimer.

Also with this many cars and people in one place all doing coding, keep a laser eye on battery voltage - it would be better if someone had a battery tender to use during the process. The one guaranteed way to send things south when screwing with NCSe is to have a battery dip voltage in the middle of the process.
    I will be leaving the car running while coding is done. I have done this in the past and it has worked out fine. If there is a battery tender around, that would be an alternative.

And all should heed this warning. I will be repeating this warning before I touch a car to each person requesting coding.

Few notes on your code...

PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON I believe will not have aktiv/nicht_aktiv under it, only wert.
    There's a couple of things in that list I need to take out. This list was devised before I could test all of them, and this is one that I need to get rid of.

If anyone is getting DRLs turned ON, you control the dimming with this field:

DRL_DIMMUNG
    wert_01/02/03
    Doesn't seem to work. I tried; the brightness always stayed the same.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, this cannot be uncoded - if a door is locked, it will take two pulls of the handle to open it. This is mechanical and not software.
    This absolutely can be changed with coding. If you remove the auto door lock function, then it will return to single pull to open a door. Of course, without auto-lock, the doors stay open when driving, which is why this is the case. If you manually lock the doors after driving off, then yes, it will require two pulls to open, though most people don't do that from what I've seen.

Easy version:
    If doors are locked, you need to pull twice to open door. If auto-lock is disabled, then the doors will NOT lock after driving off, so if they're still unlocked when you arrive, you'll only need one pull to open.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Doesn't seem to work. I tried; the brightness always stayed the same.
    Admittedly I haven't tried to adjust the dimming of my DRLs since they came out where I wanted them after coding them on, but I've definitely seen full bright DRLs and dimmed DRLs - something somewhere must control it. Guess I'd have to research further.

Easy version:
    If doors are locked, you need to pull twice to open door.
    This is the only point I was making - the double pull is a purely mechanical function of the door lock - has nothing to do with software. How/if the door gets locked - that's software or operator, as long as BCS_ZHP understands that. From what he said he implied that the double pull could be coded out; it cannot. Semantics, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post

^This. It's awesome that BP is offering his knowledge to help people out. I am tempted to take the chance, but even a small risk of bricking my DME 6 hours from home is too much for me.

If I didn't have somewhere to be Monday morning, I'd most likely roll the dice.

Either way, this is a good post.

BP put the disclaimer up, but people need to be cognizant of the fact that things can go sideways pretty easily, and that if that happens, it's not on BP.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I did realize over the course of my travels that the modules seem to be pretty smart; if you put in a string that it doesn't like, it will immediately proceed to let you hear about it, and won't code it. I think the only way something could go south is if the voltage drops too low while coding, though if the car is running, I don't see it happening.

Let's say that for one particular string, the options are wert_01/wert_02/wert_03. If you put wert_04, it probably won't take. I did it once and it said it was invalid, or something to that effect. I can't say that my knowledge is extensive enough to go into coding stuff that could potentially brick it; what I can do is pretty limited, and what I have tried seems to have worked fine to this point.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^ I like the idea of coding with the engine running. Short of your alternator shitting the bed, voltage shouldn't be an issue.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Things I'd like:

1. Windows close, not go down, when I hold "open" down on my key

2. No auto-A/C when I hit the "auto" button

3. Newest DME software for ZHP

4. Doors lock when I drive off

5. Clown nose enabled/flash when lock

6. More sensitive auto-lights

7. Fogs on when brights on

8. One-touch rear windows close

9. One-touch raise sunroof

10. Selective central locking disabled

I'll just bribe you with bread to make sure mine gets done.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Thanks Botond, I can see soooooooo much better at night with fogs/high beam xenon/halogens trifecta. Thank you, great job.

Botond,
    Likewise, thanks for the updates today, we rode back in daylight but I'm sure the trifecta lights will get their workout soon enough.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)