Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Ticking/Clicking When Accelerating

Hey Y'all,

I've got this interesting problem, and it may just be that rocks are coincidentally impacting my car when I accelerate. Nevertheless, I thought I'd check in.

So, usually in 2nd or 3rd gear, I can hear a ticking/clicking that coincides with the hesitation produces by the car on its way up from 2,600 to 3,000 rpm. I do not have the DME update to solve this. I can only hear the ticking/clicking with the window down against a wall. My Beisan seals and rattle kit are six months old, the water pump, belt and thermostat are barely a month old. I can't figure it out. Maybe it's the VANOS modules/cylinders moving back and forth as the car hesitates?

Could it really just be rocks I'm hearing?

Thanks a ton for your help!

PS FWIW: 2004 6sp sedan w/ 90,1xx miles.

Check oil level?

On my E46...during Autocross events I'd have a lifter tick...usually went away after the event. But always occurred during hard driving

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Nah it's not lifter tick. Oil level is fine and I seldom drive the car very hard.

It's not that kind of ticking sound, though. I would know - I drove E30s for the majority of my driving career. The sound is more like the ticking from cooling metal - like the sound a catalytic converter makes when you turn your car off: an intermittent ticking. It really does sound like small stones hitting my car.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

I think I'm just paranoid you guys. Been stressed out with work and tests lately that I'm probably just hearing things hahaha.