Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Unfortunately the alpine adapter and intravee are not sold here any longer. I have looked into it

edit: I have found some used Adapters online, though. You are pushing me away from giving up on this. Let me ask you this, though: Are you still able to have:

- a stock bluetooth set up? I was planning on putting one in.
    - a AUX hook up (I think it plugs into the back of the NAV system). Id like to have a ipod stay in the car hooked up, but there are times when I want to listen to streaming music via my iphone.
    Last edited by NorCalZman; 05-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Unfortunately the alpine adapter and intravee are not sold here any longer. I have looked into it
    Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Parts Needed:

Intravee II.
    BMW ibus to Alpine AI-Net module. $250 Available from UK seller ToysInYourCar.com -- shipping is quick to the US (within a week):http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/intravee.html

Alpine KCA 420i.
    $100 MSRP (I bought one on eBay for $50)
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VtqnAvR...-KCA-420i.html

This device has been discontinued by Alpine, but they are readily available on eBay for sub $100 US.
    You didn't look very hard... I've installed 4 of these for friends within the last year.

Here is a used Alpine KCA-420i available on eBay for $85:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-KCA-4...item3f17968816

and a new one from Canada for $69 US:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-KCA-4...item5d337baf20

On the Dension unit, they say you have to switch it into a "bypass mode" when taking it in for service as it wont get along with diagnostic equipment. does the intravee have any issues in this regard? Since we are on the subject, Any issues with it at all in the time youve been living with it?

Also how do you like the bluetooth ULF unit? You get that from bimmernav? I saw it. I liked the voice command functionality...just wondering how useful it would be if I already have Siri on my 4S
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

edit: I have found some used Adapters online, though. You are pushing me away from giving up on this. Let me ask you this, though: Are you still able to have:

- a stock bluetooth set up? I was planning on putting one in.
    - a AUX hook up (I think it plugs into the back of the NAV system). Id like to have a ipod stay in the car hooked up, but there are times when I want to listen to streaming music via my iphone.
    Absolutely you can use both accessories with the Intravee. I have both running in my car + OEM Sirius:

On the Dension unit, they say you have to switch it into a "bypass mode" when taking it in for service as it wont get along with diagnostic equipment. does the intravee have any issues in this regard? Since we are on the subject, Any issues with it at all in the time youve been living with it?

Also how do you like the bluetooth ULF unit? You get that from bimmernav? I saw it. I liked the voice command functionality...just wondering how useful it would be if I already have Siri on my 4S
    I have 2 Intravees--one in my car and one in my wife's X3. Both work flawlessly with 5th generation iPods. The only "issue" I have is that I set a calendar reminder on the iPods 2x a day to wake the iPod up from sleep. iPods go into a deep sleep after about a day, and I don't drive the cars daily. This way I always can get in my car switch to CD Changer input and have music play right away.

I switched from a ULF to the latest generation TCU in both cars about a year ago. The latest TCU is cheaper and works better with newer phones (my iPhone and BlackBerry connect within 10 seconds of turning on the car). The only thing you lose with the TCU is crummy voice recognition that I never used anyhow...

Oh, and no issues with diagnostic equip... The thing just sits there and works...

Ah, I drive my car once a week if that (its a toy). So it sounds like I would have to go into the trunk before I drive off and wake the ipod up, or see if a ipod nano has this calender thing to wake it up. Otherwise nothing would happen when I go to the CD changer mode, I am assuming. Not a huge deal, I guess.

re: the TCU. I am assuming you get the TCU if you buy the e46 bluetooth kit from the dealer, right? That had been my original plan. Id rather have reliability than fancy features honestly.

Ah, I drive my car once a week if that (its a toy). So it sounds like I would have to go into the trunk before I drive off and wake the ipod up, or see if a ipod nano has this calender thing to wake it up. Otherwise nothing would happen when I go to the CD changer mode, I am assuming. Not a huge deal, I guess.

re: the TCU. I am assuming you get the TCU if you buy the e46 bluetooth kit from the dealer, right? That had been my original plan. Id rather have reliability than fancy features honestly.
    For wake-up your options are:
    - repeating silent calendar entries on Nano (what i do--set it up once, never touch again).
    - run cable to front and just press any button on iPod to wake it

No reliability difference between TCU and ULF. The TCU is much easier to get actually. Just buy the latest one for about $350 from the dealer. It's part # 84109195455.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...84&fg=10&hl=24

This thread is freaking awesome.

Think I just found my next project.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks for all the very clear info sna77. Really helping us out. I'll have to look over the bluetooth installation instructions (I think they're online somewhere) if it involves taking the interior apart to route wires, etc. I think I want someone to install it for me. Not to mention if there is any"coding" that might be required as well.

I think I can handle the intravee though. Looks like a hour install if that. Hah

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    This thread is freaking awesome.

Think I just found my next project.
    If we can even call something so easy to install a project right? Haha. Just a few plugs and placements of modules!

Thanks for all the very clear info sna77. Really helping us out. I'll have to look over the bluetooth installation instructions (I think they're online somewhere) if it involves taking the interior apart to route wires, etc. I think I want someone to install it for me. Not to mention if there is any"coding" that might be required as well.

I think I can handle the intravee though. Looks like a hour install if that. Hah

If we can even call something so easy to install a project right? Haha. Just a few plugs and placements of modules!
    I drilled 4 holes on the Sirius bracket to mount the KCA-420i--that took a good 15 minutes. Definitely under an hour for the Intravee install.

Bluetooth install with a TCU is easy--no coding required unless you want VR (you dont need it with Siri). Everything is plug and play. I installed the system for cakm3 in about 20 minutes. I'll dig up the right link in a bit.

Oh awesome. Thanks. You will save me soo much money from having the dealer do it. Is the TCU all I need or do I need other parts too?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast