Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I both dislike and love threads like this.

I dislike them because I'll inevitably forget to mention someone who should be mentioned. However, I do love them because it gives me a chance to publicly acknowledge those who made an impression on me.

First: I would like to thank Dane and his family for inviting all of us to their home. It has to be a huge sacrifice to do what you guys do each year. Frankly, I'm dreading the day when we can no longer meet at Dane's house. Anyhow, thank you, Dane. You're a true gentleman. Oh, and before I forget. Thanks for helping me run this site on a daily basis. We're not here -- 19 months later -- without your input, participation, and support.

Keith and Krysten: I can't say enough good things about you. I've met a lot of people in my life. You two are some of the most kind, thoughtful, and wonderful people I've come across. Thanks for simply being the people you are. I can't wait to see you again.

Casey: thanks for letting me hang out with you while you capture epic photos on a regular basis. The ZHP Mafia got to watch you in action for a short period this weekend. I get to do it as often as I'd like to do it. Thanks for letting me do that. Thanks also for supporting me in my photographic endeavors. Your support is appreciated. Finally, thanks for being a good friend.

Kristen and Rob: as always, it was great hanging out with you. We always have fun when we're together; this weekend was no different.

Rob (newjack): it was a pleasure meeting you as well. While I can be serious when necessary, and I do wear suits on occasion, I mostly try to stay relaxed while wearing my Polo shirts and shorts (plus flipflops). I'm very much a "when in Rome" kind of guy. This weekend I was able to relax and let my hair (what little I have left) down because everyone else at the meet was so chill. I look forward to seeing you again.

Rando (John Randolph): even though we see each other pretty often, it's always a joy to hang out with you. That I got to hang out with you some three thousand miles from home was even better. Good memories, indeed. Never change. You're top drawer material.

Marc: always a pleasure to hang out. I always look forward to seeing you each year. Can't wait for next year.

Horny: dude, you're a great guy. You're smart, fun, and loyal. My trip is always made better when you're around. Thanks for being the cool person that you are.

Brett: thanks for pitching in this weekend. I believe you have a future at UPS if you ever want to go that direction. You have logistics down pat. Additionally, thanks for taking care of all the bosses and their meals this weekend. Completely unnecessary but very much appreciated. Rounding up all of the cash makes me think you could also be a pimp if the UPS thing doesn't work out.

Bruce: brother, thanks for being there this weekend. Glad you brought your son, too. Very nice kid. As always, make sure you hit me up whenever you're in San Diego. May not always hook up with you but I at least want a chance to meet up.

Gary M: It's always nice to see you. Thanks for cooking on Friday night. I loved the beans. Also, thanks for supporting my photography, especially when I post those of Zippy. Thanks, meanwhile, for the Hawaiian Punch last year. Much appreciated.

Charlie: thanks for taking care of my boy, John Rando. You are a very generous person. I also heard of other random acts of generosity, too, which simply makes me respect you even more. It was nice meeting you in person; looking forward to meeting you again.

Ryan (girl): it was a pleasure meeting you and your fiancee this weekend. You make a very cute couple. I enjoyed seeing your car, too. Very nice. I'm already looking forward to hanging out with you next year.

Ryan (whitexi): good seeing you this year. Your presence was appreciated. It was nice seeing your familiar face. Hope I see you next year as well.

John (madd): thanks for organizing the drive yet again. The drive is one of my favorite parts of the weekend. I appreciate all of your efforts. I also thank you for being a very cool guy. You're simply down to Earth and as real as it gets. Thanks, pal.

Kyle: thanks for bringing the eats. Your generosity knows no bounds. The food was great. Meanwhile, thanks for being a loyal member of the forum.

Chris & Matt: nice meeting you guys. Good luck with your photography. I hope you both reach your goals. Thanks for letting me hang out with you two this weekend.

Jon: cool car. cool dude. cool wife. Just a cool cat. Enough said.

Cody and Katie: nice to finally meet you in person. You're every bit as cool as I imagined you'd be. If you're ever in San Diego (and I know you will be), let's be sure to get together. Until then, stay awesome.

BP: it's been enjoyable watching your maturation process. Keep it up. Also, thanks for taking care of the Mafia with your coding skills. Good looking out.

To everyone else: if I was not smiling outward all weekend, know that I was doing it internally. When I first launched this site about a year and a half ago, I had no idea what kind of people I would attract. I know that I wanted to attract the best and the brightest but that was aspirational.

Now hear this: I've got to be one of the luckiest SOBs around. This forum is full of thoughtful, supportive, and friendly members. I could not have planned it any better. I appreciate each and every one of you.

Finally, I am sure that I did not meet everyone this weekend. If I did not say hi to you, I apologize. Certainly not my intention to slight anyone. It just got busy at times; I also had the family in tow. Definitely more challenging than last year. That said, I will do my best to meet everyone next year.

Can't wait to do this again.

Thank you all for the kind words Mark, Ryan, Charlie, Rob.... One issue though Ryan, Charlie and I might have to fight for the title of Lucy's biggest fan! Luv you!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words Mark, Ryan, Charlie, Rob.... One issue though Ryan, Charlie and I might have to fight for the title of Lucy's biggest fan! Luv you!
    John, I'll concede....you have it bro

This thread along with the many pictures threads make me want to plan and make next year happen. It would be one heck of weekend trip across the country, but I'm sure it'd be worth it.

Sean, it's worth it. This is the second time I've done the cross country thing. The flight is about 5.5 hours.

I wont ever miss another one, whether I have a BMW or not.
    Thanks for all the kind words for me, Kyle and Lucy. I love you all!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

I left my thank you elsewhere, I will just leave it there. Like Mark, I always feel as if someone is being left out that doesn't deserve to be. I just want to blanket thank everyone for the support in what we are trying to accomplish. If you notice, all three business partners in CWMG are ZHPMafia.com members, and that is by design. It has always been my intention to take care of and provide opportunity for the people around me when I can. So, thank you for the thank you's and I am glad I was able to meet everyone. Im bad at names but great at memories and you all left an impact on me in one way or another.

Also, I don't know if it was coordinated behind the scenes or what, but showing up at Dane's and seeing a multitude of people wearing my shirt knocked me on the floor. It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. Thank you everyone for letting me be a part of your weekend.

I wear my C Withers shirt with pride. I make sure that I'm on my best behavior while wearing it to make sure not to sully your name and reputation.

Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my hacked Fascinate.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Im not good with lengthy threads like this but Im gonna say it the best way possible short and sweet.

Thank you Dane for hosting another great gathering at your place. Thank you Marc and Casey for running around like crazy with cameras all weekend! I really enjoyed seeing the same friends from last year and was happy to see and meet new people.

Thank you again Marc, Dane, and Keith for keeping the forum in great spirits.

Last but not least... Thank you ladies for chatting it up with my gf about hand bags, shoes and all that other stuff. I thought she was gonna go crazy if she only heard me talk about cars all weekend . She felt right at home and had a blast hanging out with everyone.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

I just want to say thanks to all of you for coming to be a part of my life...in person. Each one of you speak to me in different ways. It meant so much to me that you had the confidence in me, to make the long travel, expecting a stellar meet. I was truly impressed by each and every one of you.

I thank you all for the warm words......but I'm just a guy....trying to make his friends happy. That's all. Nothing less. Nothing more.

I did what I did for you. The ZHPMafia forum family member. I only provided the meeting place, in which we all became closer. We became better friends, and more intimate family members.

I thank all members (Photographers, People who helped me(Parking, setup, drive mapping, guidance, etc), and those that came and drank beer and had a good time). It's not necessary for everyone to help....though I know you all would, if I called upon you.

When you guys left.....you honestly took a small piece of me with you, and I don't feel quite as whole or complete as I did for those 72 hours. It was a damn good time. And not only was it a damn good time, but it was safe, no cars were damaged, no one got hurt, and I truly appreciate the level of "I am my brothers keeper" I witnessed.

The void will eventually be filled, when we meet again.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast