Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

30 BMWs and it was a Honda that broke down.

Since nobody's posted it, I'll share the story.

After the parking garage daytime shoot, a few of us broke off to get some DQ ice cream. We park and immediately notice a distraught lady and her family. Being the car people that we are, we ask "What's wrong?". She explains she can't start her Honda Pilot, because her steering wheel was locked. (You know how after your remove your key and move your steering wheel it will lock in place? It's an anti-theft feature. And then when you're ready to start your car, you have to insert the key and jiggle the steering wheel to turn the key. Well her's wouldn't ever let the key turn.)

Well it just so happens that the few of us that broke off included Kristen (Kpro) who is a Honda Pro Service Tech. This lady couldn't have had a better passer by. So after informing the lady who Kristen is, Kris hops in the driver seat, yanks on the steering wheel this way and that way, lets the lady know it's her ignition switch and even rattles off the part number. Finally Kristen gets the Honda started. The lady is so surprised and wants to know how Kristen did it. She says she's got another day of vacation, things to do, yada yada. Kristen says, "Just drive straight home and don't turn the car off." The lady just doesn't get it, and begs to know how Kristen did it. Appeasing her, Kristen shuts the car off and tries again. It wasn't happening, the switch was just done.

Between Kristen, Rob (Sockethead), and my Kyle, a trunk full of tools and an hour later, they had the dash torn apart and the car hot wired. But due to the anti-theft feature, locked steering wheel, the car wasn't safe to drive. They convinced the lady to call a taxi and a tow truck. It was definitely a bummer for everyone.

The lady insisted on some sort of payment and they settled on letting her buy them ice cream.

There are two things to note here:

1: We had over 30 BMWs together, which so many people say are high maintenance and will break down, and it was a Honda Pilot (the brand most say is most reliable) that left a family stranded. It's not just the brand, but the maintenance. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. The lady admitted the ignition had been getting worse for months and they should have brought the other vehicle.

2: The whole time Kristen is trying to help these people, the husband kept coming over and giving dirty looks. Asking, "What is she doing to our car?". This is the sexiest bias that women often find in car clubs. Thanks so much for accepting Kristen and me, and making us feel so welcome. I know that I truly feel equal among all our members.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Just to add to your biased thing, which is true in most communities. I was bragging about you the whole time to people Ryan, kept telling everyone how you do all your work and get dirty just like everyone else.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Just to add to your biased thing, which is true in most communities. I was bragging about you the whole time to people Ryan, kept telling everyone how you do all your work and get dirty just like everyone else.
    I've been telling a few people that here at school and showing off her car. They all love it!
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    ...There are two things to note here:

1: We had over 30 BMWs together, which so many people say are high maintenance and will break down, and it was a Honda Pilot (the brand most say is most reliable) that left a family stranded. It's not just the brand, but the maintenance. Take care of the car and it will take care of you...
    So true Ryan!

2: The whole time Kristen is trying to help these people, the husband kept coming over and giving dirty looks. Asking, "What is she doing to our car?". This is the sexiest bias that women often find in car clubs. Thanks so much for accepting Kristen and me, and making us feel so welcome. I know that I truly feel equal among all our members.
    What you have done to Lucy Ryan is just impressive It shows just how much work you put into her and how much you love her! As for feeling equal among all of us....you set the standard... The pictures Casey has taken of Lucy really shows just how awesome she is

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

It's like the guy that rode up with his gf in the "4.0" Z4 at the garage shoot. He says to Kyle," Yo, I give your girl props if she really did do all this.". Kyle just walked away.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

It's like the guy that rode up with his gf in the "4.0" Z4 at the garage shoot. He says to Kyle," Yo, I give your girl props if she really did do all this.". Kyle just walked away.
    Yup, i heard her too, "4.0 Z4".... and i was like scratching my head... but she was quick enough to correct herself, hahaha...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

I've been bragging on you for a while, Ryan. Even more so since the meet. I'm all like,
    "Check out this car."

They're like: "That's pretty hot."

Then I'm all like: "Yeah? This chick did it all herself."

They come back with: "No shit?"

And I'm like: "No shit."

Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my hacked Fascinate.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

I didn't do it all by myself. I had the help of 2 important people; Kyle (my Kyle) and Eddie Bell (a professional painter, who sprayed the color and clear coats).

Ryan,

I think what Kyle did is the classic move because he has class. As bad as it sounds, people like that aren't worth your time. Lucy was a big hit at the meet and rightly so. You put in so much work and it shows. I'm still impressed by all that both you and Kyle did There are a few members here, including you, who I look to when I'm working on either my ///M or ZHP. You guys/gals inspire me to improve on my cars, hence the name Kaizen (from the tuner shop I use for my suspension) being placed on both of my rides.

I'll be down in July with my ///M when Rob and Kristen have set dates for their meet. Can't wait to see all of you guys at the Jersey shore...

- it's your vision that had transformed Lucy into what she is now and she's beautiful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast