Since nobody's posted it, I'll share the story.

After the parking garage daytime shoot, a few of us broke off to get some DQ ice cream. We park and immediately notice a distraught lady and her family. Being the car people that we are, we ask "What's wrong?". She explains she can't start her Honda Pilot, because her steering wheel was locked. (You know how after your remove your key and move your steering wheel it will lock in place? It's an anti-theft feature. And then when you're ready to start your car, you have to insert the key and jiggle the steering wheel to turn the key. Well her's wouldn't ever let the key turn.)

Well it just so happens that the few of us that broke off included Kristen (Kpro) who is a Honda Pro Service Tech. This lady couldn't have had a better passer by. So after informing the lady who Kristen is, Kris hops in the driver seat, yanks on the steering wheel this way and that way, lets the lady know it's her ignition switch and even rattles off the part number. Finally Kristen gets the Honda started. The lady is so surprised and wants to know how Kristen did it. She says she's got another day of vacation, things to do, yada yada. Kristen says, "Just drive straight home and don't turn the car off." The lady just doesn't get it, and begs to know how Kristen did it. Appeasing her, Kristen shuts the car off and tries again. It wasn't happening, the switch was just done.

Between Kristen, Rob (Sockethead), and my Kyle, a trunk full of tools and an hour later, they had the dash torn apart and the car hot wired. But due to the anti-theft feature, locked steering wheel, the car wasn't safe to drive. They convinced the lady to call a taxi and a tow truck. It was definitely a bummer for everyone.

The lady insisted on some sort of payment and they settled on letting her buy them ice cream.

There are two things to note here:

1: We had over 30 BMWs together, which so many people say are high maintenance and will break down, and it was a Honda Pilot (the brand most say is most reliable) that left a family stranded. It's not just the brand, but the maintenance. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. The lady admitted the ignition had been getting worse for months and they should have brought the other vehicle.

2: The whole time Kristen is trying to help these people, the husband kept coming over and giving dirty looks. Asking, "What is she doing to our car?". This is the sexiest bias that women often find in car clubs. Thanks so much for accepting Kristen and me, and making us feel so welcome. I know that I truly feel equal among all our members.