Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I missed this. Sounds like you guys took great care of her. And you diagnosed the car for free!

-Sent via iPhone 4S

Huge props to Kristen for having such a knowledge-base. She and I felt like crap afterwards since they were stuck at DQ. Hindsight is 20/20 and Kristen was blaming herself for shutting the car off but who would have known that it wasn't going to start back up again even if we tried for an hour and a half .

The real people to blame in situations exactly like this are the vehicle owners. I've seen numerous people drive a vehicle around that has a symptom that is going to bite them in the butt if not addressed. They say:"Yeah I heard that noise, so I turned up my radio." This is extremely ignorant and what leaves people on the side of the road.

Now there are times when you'll get that fluke of nature head gasket blow or dead battery. I mean....there are times that you're just gonna break down and there was no warning sign.

We were all thinkin that this problem just began for this family when they were on their vacation. The Honda Pilot lady stated that she was having a real hard time starting it as of late. It wasn't until a few moments later that she said, and I quote: "I knew we shouldn't have taken this car on our vacation. It's been getting harder and harder to start! We should have taken the other car!"

Don't be that person! We were going to leave Lucy at home for this trip since we couldn't find a spare wheel for it! Luckily we found one a few weeks prior.

I felt so terrible I couldn't get it started again Kyle and I were in that car sweating our a$$es off trying to get it to start again. My fingers were raw for hours, lol. I hope that they made it home ok, and Kyle is right, they should have had it addressed as soon as it started giving them trouble.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

What get's me Kyle and Kristen is that they knew they were having issues with their Honda and had another car. Why would they drive any sort of distance on a family vacation with a car they know is having problems is beyond me. As they say.... let the stupid be punished. This is the case here unfortunately...

Yeps....all we can do is hope that they learned from this. And possibly that lady gave her husband a good chewin' cause he was quite an arse!!

Quote Originally Posted by DasMechaniKer View Post
    Yeps....all we can do is hope that they learned from this. And possibly that lady gave her husband a good chewin' cause he was quite an arse!!
    Yea he was an ass. I couldn't believe he was acting like that. His wife was totally cool and appreciative... He had no clue how lucky he was...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Give me the low down on what this guy did.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well Kristen, Rob, Ryan, and Myself were lookin at the Honda. The lady is like "What's wrong? It's been hard to start, I don't know what to do!" She was the usual damsel in distress. Talking about how they shouldn't have taken the car on the trip and whatnot.

Kristen is like "Da Ta Da Da, I am Honda Woman!! Make way for my Honda fixin' skillz!!"

The second Kpro sits in the drivers seat, the husband barks up. "I don't think we should let these people mess with our car. What are they doing? Do they know what they are doing?"

At this point John R, Marcus, Rob, and Ryan are all like "This girl knows her Honda stuff. There couldn't be a better person working on this whip!"

Kristen was going to work on the car and I says to the guy..."Why don't you take yourself and your kids over to the mini-golf course down yonder and take their minds off things. They look stressed."

He was on his way over and Kristen got the Honda started soon after. Kpro's recommendation is to get in the car and high-tail it back home!

It was a triumphant moment indeed BUT this lady is like. "Woe is me, woe is me. We're not supposed to leave until tomorrow! Can you show me how you started it?"

And I'm tellin' ya Kpro tried for like an hour, and I tried for like 60 minutes. That sucker was D-U-N DONE! Couldn't get it started to save our lives, and we were dyin' out there in the DQ parking lot. There was nothing we could do.

WELL...guy comes back from a lil' putt putt and first thing this bastich says is: "Well why did you turn it off anyway?" Like it was Kpro's fault they were stuck high and dry. Kpro got on her celly and got a line on a tow truck, rental car, and a Honda dealership to tow the car to so it could get fixed on Monday. Unfortunate that it happened on a weekend but none of the Honda dealerships in the area were open for vehicle service.

The lady is nothing but appreciative, she even bought us some ice creams! That hubby though, he was an arse! I think it was one of those, "If I can't be the man no one can!!" moments. Which fortunately makes you look like lesser of a man then when you started.

I am 150% for sure that IF Kpro had left the Honda running they would have gone back to the hotel and shut the car off like all was well and would have been stranded there instead of at DQ. So lookin' back on it I don't feel it was a mistake shutting the car back off.

Don't feel bad about that Kristen! That family was destined to learn a hard lesson about vehicle maintenance on that hot Saturday afternoon.

Thanks Kyle. Makes perfect sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If it makes anything better, I took a huge dump at that DQ and had to lock the door from the inside to prevent further use.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast