Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This thread gets a big ole'

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    Andrew,
    On the friend/acquaintance, if he's using the dealership's lift and reader then they might be charging him to bring a side job in their shop, it might not be gouging but rather what he has to pay. Nevertheless, I can help you with the maintenance. I'm free on Sat afternoon, buy the upper & lower boots (might as well replace both), some MAF sensor cleaner, and an oil change kit. You can buy the air filter & cabin micro filter if you want or we can look at them to see if they need replacing, once I show you that you can do that on your own forever.

Get your BMWCCA membership card & head to Fairfax BMW parts counter, the oil change kit with the CCA membership card is $50 including tax. At the parts counter, ask for Dewain & tell him I'm helping you. Don't forget to ask him for the 2 small rubber seals that go on the oil filter housing stalk, they aren't included in the filter kit that his store sells. Even without the CCA card by mentioning my name, Dewain should give you the the CCA price or the Internet price, whichever is cheaper (I'm probably one of his most frequent walk-in customers). Also, I'll be over that way all Saturday morning for my son's soccer tourney, could meet you at the parts counter around 1:30 if you want and we'll use my CCA card discount.

I live over in Fairfax Station off of 123, my cell number is in the members only section, call or PM me. And no charge, we'll enjoy a beer together after we finish, the garage fridge always has some.

Bruce
    man i wish i lived close to THIS guy! haha awesome stuff right thar.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Truly noble offer Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
    Friend rates=free.
    EXACTLY!

That dude isn't a true friend. After 15 years he is ok with screwing you over. Wow. He should of done the oil and belt change for $100. Goes to show there's alot of real Dirt Bags out there.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Bruce is showing how the Family rolls.

Love this place.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Bruce is showing how the Family rolls.

Love this place.
    +1. Bruce, just awesome. Way to come through. Definitely what the family is about. (Plus, you love tennis. Totally wished we got a chance to talk about that at SIGfest).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

John,
    Actually I hate tennis, that's my wife's convertible I was driving, thus her personalized tag "4 10NS". I don't really hate the game per se, just that her obsession with tennis means less discretionary income for me and the more desireable hobby/obsession -- playing with BMWs!
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Oh, lol... sorry!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Andrew,
    Picked up the Snap-On reader from my friend, we can clear the codes after the boot change & MAF cleaning tomorrow, you should then be good to go.
    Bruce

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

When I was running my shop I'd pull codes for free. Pulling codes is fast and easy and it generates money for a mechanic as it quickly diagnoses problems that the mechanic will then profit from. Also by reading codes for free you persuade the vehicle owner to return with other CEL issues and allow for more profit potential.

I would pay double, or triple and buy a code reader before I'd pay someone else to read my codes ONCE. If he's charging to read codes he's just trying to make some extra cash on a "naive" BMW owner. Don't be that guy, great thing to ask a question about and looks like you got the hookup with Bruce now!

If you change your air intake boots watch real close how they remove as it's a booger to get them back in if you don't have those clamps oriented so that you can tighten them properly!

ALSO, while you're in that far, get a toothbrush and some throttle body/carb cleaner and spray your throttle body down with the cleaner and give it a scrub with the toothbrush. It's hard to see and reach that sucker but you'll want to manually press it open and focus on the throttle valve (metal flap that moves) and the area of the body that the flap touches when closed. It will probably have a tar-like gummy residue in those areas. Get it as clean as possible and you'll have a clean air intake system once you clean the MAF sensor and put some new intake boots on!

When you start your car afterwards it may have a rough start and run like crap for a second or two. It shouldn't throw a code, just the throttle body cleaner burning up in the engine.

Oh, and DO NOT use that toothbrush after you clean the throttle body!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast