Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who here has clear corners?

What type of bulbs are you guys running? I've been debating on what route to go with now that I have a full set of clears from Khoalty sitting in my bedroom.

The easiest route would be to keep the ambers in, because I know it will not cause problems, but I would still have the problem of yellow reflection from the bulbs.

I could also get the silver coated bulbs that Khoalty sells, which seems like the best route, but after some research, I've found that these bulbs have caused, in some cases, the DEPO corners to melt since they are hotter.

The other option would be to get led bulbs and resistors (also from Khoalty) for the corners. I like this idea, but I think it might look stupid with LED's up front and halogen bulbs everywhere else. I would probably get a set of LED's for the sidemarkers too since they don't require resistors.

What setups work for you guys?/

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

I've been running stealth bulbs for two years. No problems/issues.

My lighting is all OEM clears though.

I got my stealth bulbs at www.xenonmods.com

^Thats what I had on the TiAg,,,,,,no problems ever with the stealth bulbs.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ^Thats what I had on the TiAg,,,,,,no problems ever with the stealth bulbs.
    Were the lights OEM like mimalmo or DEPO? Not sure if it makes a difference, maybe everyone with the melting problems were using the wronf type of bulbs. I'll look into the stealth's, thanks guys

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

I got my corners, sides, and stealth bulbs from khoa. I've only had them in for a few weeks, no problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    I got my corners, sides, and stealth bulbs from khoa. I've only had them in for a few weeks, no problems so far.
    Exactly what I wanted to hear. I guess I'll go with Khoa again for the bulbs, since i've bought just about everything from him.

How was the fitment of the lights? Did it take any modifying to get them fit right?

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

I also had stealth bulbs with depos for almost two years- no problems.

For my 325, fitment was perfect and required no modification.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I'm in a similar situation. I recently received my corners,sides and tails from Khoalty. All fit/look perfect. Funny thing is, my bulbs aren't amber. All clear. I have every receipt for any and all work on the car since day one, and I know the PO didn't change anything himself (he was a fill the tank and drive kinda guy.) Strange?
    -ADAM

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatek45 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation. I recently received my corners,sides and tails from Khoalty. All fit/look perfect. Funny thing is, my bulbs aren't amber. All clear. I have every receipt for any and all work on the car since day one, and I know the PO didn't change anything himself (he was a fill the tank and drive kinda guy.) Strange?
    Thats weird. I know there are OEM stealth bulbs out there, but I thought they only came on on the European cars?

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

That may actually explain it. My car was ordered in Germany by the PO.
    -ADAM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast