Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Vert Coils?

Vert Coils?

So I've seen a few references to the H&R cup kit, and references to the KW V2's for the ZHP convertible, but I like a very stiff coilover. Those of you who have seen my E30 understand why..

I like low, but not slammed, and I have a square 18x8.5 et35 set up for my car, but I refuse to put on nice wheels until there is some sort of suspension under the car; don't ask me why, I'm just OCD that way.

I need something with more than just height adjustment, and I need something with a good damper and a firm spring rate, but not a lot of companies make a convertible specific coilover (which us vert guys need). I've also heard the KW V2's have clearance issues with the back of the wheel. I was hoping somebody could shed some light on some vert coilovers. I've talked to GC, and BC Racing, and a few others, and I'm getting annoyed.

Have you looked into the ST's?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I haven't researched it, but I thought there are sets that are Vert specific, and some that didn't matter (vert/coupe). The main vert difference s/b that verts are heavier and therefore sag in the rear, so you'd want a setup that works with it.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Have you looked into the ST's?
    Yessir, I have, but I need a little more than what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior2552 View Post
    Yessir, I have, but I need a little more than what they have to offer.
    Werd.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I haven't researched it, but I thought there are sets that are Vert specific, and some that didn't matter (vert/coupe). The main vert difference s/b that verts are heavier and therefore sag in the rear, so you'd want a setup that works with it.
    Yeah, I've noticed a lot of differences in the very cool setups is usually a heavier spring in the rear. That's something that's pretty easy to adjust for, but I'm still not sure if V2s are going to be hard enough for me to track on. I realize a convertible is about the least track-worthy car, but it's what I have so I gotta make it work. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Werd.

Car's lookin good, Mr. Dane. I checked out your thread.

Car's lookin good, Mr. Dane. I checked out your thread.
    Thanks brutha. Labor of love.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of differences in the very cool setups is usually a heavier spring in the rear. That's something that's pretty easy to adjust for, but I'm still not sure if V2s are going to be hard enough for me to track on. I realize a convertible is about the least track-worthy car, but it's what I have so I gotta make it work. Haha.
    Have you considered TCKline? Their products are said to be excellent on the track, and since you can select your own spring rates, you can build a set specific to your vert.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Have you considered TCKline? Their products are said to be excellent on the track, and since you can select your own spring rates, you can build a set specific to your vert.
    Yeah! I did look. I have been emailing BC Racing for a little while and they said that the regular e46 se up was revised and that the coils will fit no problem, I could even use 10k springs because my vert is a fat whore. So I might look into it. I've had Bilsteins and H&R before, but I haven't tried BCs. M3 guys say it's a great, cheap alternative.