Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I agree on formal introductions (prolly twice like Mark says). This cruise was a cruise/rolling shots event so that likely added some complexity. I think we should have a set of ideas for either or cruise or a rolling shot/cruise, as one would be easier/different than the other as far as manageability. Certainly smaller groups, right turns only would help people keep up in general.

Someone smarter than me can help with that when the time comes. For instance, for a rolling shot event we might want to circle back and redo the same part of the road several times to get all the cars in. You wouldn't have to do that with just a cruise. You might even want those as separate events. Just thinking out loud on the keyboard.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My .02-- formal intros are ok, but I think improving the name tags are a better option. If anyone is like me, by the time we get done introducing person #30, I've already forgotten the names of people #1-25.

Five minutes after the intros are done, I'd still be looking for name tags.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I love the name tags ideas sadly I could not make it this year but I have heard many great things.

I do also agree that just from hearing what people have said that we need to do something to lessen the burden on people such as Dane and his family, the boss man and Keith. Personally I wish I could do more but sadly I am in Florida so since I am a good distance from Virginia I would be glad to help with anything else I can as far as future meets.

One Idea I just though of and some people up north might like. I know many people here have children and it would be a longer drive but maybe we can put together some sort or Disney meet? After all we are a family and I bet the children in out little family would love it.

This is clearly a growing family that gets better with each new member so lets do what we can to make sure the family reunions keep growing and getting better as well.

-Devlin out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Just thinking out loud here..............how about Laynards, with screen name and real? I have a local guy that does all of our BMW stuff for driving schools, autocross etc. Maybe ZHP Mafia SigFest with our names?

Gary

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

Quote Originally Posted by GMATT View Post
    Just thinking out loud here..............how about Laynards, with screen name and real? I have a local guy that does all of our BMW stuff for driving schools, autocross etc. Maybe ZHP Mafia SigFest with our names?

Gary
    I like the lanyard idea. But for someone like me, I can recognize someones avatar almost instantly. A name without an avatar will take me longer to adjust to and identify with. Unless that person doesn't use an avatar. Food for thought.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Larger names would be good. The intro session sounds cool but impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I like the lanyard idea. But for someone like me, I can recognize someones avatar almost instantly. A name without an avatar will take me longer to adjust to and identify with. Unless that person doesn't use an avatar. Food for thought.
    I'll just rock a shirt with a big bio hazard symbol on it for everyone.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Avatar name tags is a great idea.

I wish this was sent with a Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    Larger names would be good. The intro session sounds cool but impractical.

I'll just rock a shirt with a big bio hazard symbol on it for everyone.
    Everyone already knows static as the guy with mad delicious treats. But I guess the biohazard symbol is a close second.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Cruises: we had some bad butt mother effers in our mini clubs who would (no matter how many cars in the queue) run lead and caboose. They'd block intersections until everyone got through. For minis, people found this cute, adorable even. For bmws, we'd probably get loaded baby diapers thrown at us. For me, the cruise was fun, as it was splendid to be chauffeured. I'm not a gargantuan fan of driving 6 hours only to drive some more, especially if it's not on a track. But that's just me. The rolling shots were amazing, and I can't wait to spend copious dollars on them.

Name tags - some other mini clubs had major lanyards and printed name tags. It was all quite official and definitely helpful for noob toobs. I know it's not going to be cost-possible, but what about shirts with names on the front?

But seriously, these are details. How do you improve the event? Not sure. The event is about the hanging out, making connections, talking about silver cubes, appreciating some mutual respect. To me the structure and such are secondary details.
    - Marc

Will remember larger name tags for October's Columbus Day weekend gathering. Artsy-craftsy, I'm not, so if someone wants to try something more ambitious please feel free to do so.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)