Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

'05?

Yes, I love my '05: Premium Pkg and Cold Weather AND ZHP. It has 77k on it now, but never had a moment's trouble. Prod. date 1/05: Black Sapphire over black leather, alcant. steering wheel! Gotta have 3 peddles
    Use this web site to verify trim, using the last 7 characters of your VIN: http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
    Last edited by Daddyoh; 06-11-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Add VIN decoder

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyoh View Post
    Yes, I love my '05: Premium Pkg and Cold Weather AND ZHP. It has 77k on it now, but never had a moment's trouble. Prod. date 1/05: Black Sapphire over black leather, alcant. steering wheel! Gotta have 3 peddles
    Use this web site to verify trim, using the last 7 characters of your VIN: http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
    Turns out mine had M leather steering wheel out of the factory, but when I bought the car it had Alcantara! That explains my leather seats!

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

BMW changed the alacantara wheel to perf. leather sometime during mid-late 2005.
    I have the perf. leather wheel and alacantara seats, cold weather pkg, HK audio, xenons...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    I have the perf. leather wheel and alacantara seats, cold weather pkg, HK audio, xenons...
    the holy grail of options packages.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Don't all forget that 04-onwards had rain sensor (auto wipers) and auto headlights.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks Webster I am so glad I have the cold weather pkg - yesterday we were able to transport a rolled up outdoor carpet using the pass-thru ski bag! It fit perfect; I never thought i'd use that thing

AZ3579: Yep - important point. I think pre-2004, those things were part of some option package.
    2004+ Home link modules have a better chance of being rolling code compatible, too...although I don't know exactly when that changed.
    (mine didn't have home link - i just bought a rolling code version HL off ebay and installed it myself)
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

^ all ZHP coupes have the fold down rear seats. i used it a few weeks ago when buying a bunch of pots and plants and a large set of blinds from home depot.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Good point that auto headlights/rain sensors were part of premium package. Since premium wasn't offered in 2003 for cars with ZHP, it would mean no auto headlights/rain sensor for those cars.

Wish I had fold down seats for my sedan sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Good point that auto headlights/rain sensors were part of premium package. Since premium wasn't offered in 2003 for cars with ZHP, it would mean no auto headlights/rain sensor for those cars.

Wish I had fold down seats for my sedan sometimes...
    I'm pretty sure the automatic headlights and rain sensing wipers were, at one time (earlier E46 models), only available with the premium package. However, in 2004 they became standard equipment, at least on the 330. My 2005 has both, but does not have the Premium Package.

With that said, I think both are worthless and annoying options.

auto headlights/rain sensor was part of premium package until 2004 for sedans/wagons

I got a 2004 330i with ZHP only but have auto headlights.

i wonder how accurate all this from e46wiki is .

Changes from 2003 to 2004
    Performance package now available on coupes and convertibles, as well as with the automatic transmission and the premium package (on all 330s).
    The climate control head unit has a new control button layout (temp, fan and recirc control buttons) for simpler operation and ease of use.
    Sedan and wagon:
    The rain sensor and automatic headlight control standard for all Sedans and Sports Wagons. These features were previously only available with the Premium Package (ZPP).
    Automatic STEPTRONIC transmission will be available in conjunction with the Performance Package.
    New Sport Package wheel for 325i Sedan and Sports Wagon. Styling 119 replaces Styling 96.
    New base wheel for the 330i/330xi Sedan and 325xi Sedan/Sports Wagon when equipped with the Sport Package. New wheel replaces Styling 73.
    Titanium exterior trim on the front grille and headlights will no longer be a differentiator for 330i and 330xi Sedans. (The headlights will be black and the front spoiler will be a combination of black and body color.)
    Coupes and Convertibles:
    Coupes and convertibles receive a major face lift with a new front grille (larger "BMW kidneys"), revised cleaner looking lower bumper design and front/rear light design including LED tail lights, repositioned side turn signal lights and clear front corners on sport package cars.
    The Xenon headlight package was upgraded to the Adaptive Xenon package for coupes/convertibles only.
    Adaptive Xenons not only auto-level as the standard Xenons do, but they also rotate side-to-side depending on orientation of the steering wheel. The goal is to point the light in the direction the car is traveling. A complex algorithm uses car speed, wheel angle, etc. to determine where to point the lights. Of interesting note is the fact that when the car is not moving, the lights will not turn to the driver's side (this is to avoid potential blinding of oncoming traffic, e.g. at a stop light). The headlight switch must be in the "A" (automatic) position -- turning the headlight switch to the "On" position will auto-level the headlights and turn them on, but they will be fixed straight ahead and not turn left and right.
    325i and 325i Sports Wagon:
    Styling 119 (17 x 8) with performance tires replaces Styling 96 when the sport package (ZSP) is ordered. This aligns the 325i with the 325Ci. Now all rear-wheel drive 325 models have the same Sport Package Wheel.
    MY2004 330i/330xi Sedan Base wheel. 325xi and 325xi Sports Wagon Sport Package wheel.
    Styling 137 (17 x 7) with all-season tires replaces Styling 73, also known as the Radial spoke.
    Changes from 2004 to 2005
    Performance package 330s get a perforated leather steering wheel instead of alcantara
    The change was made about halfway through the 2005 model year and driven primarily by the inability of the alcantara wheel to hold up well over time. Prior to May 2005, Performance Package 330s shipped with alcantara, after that they shipped with a perforated leather wheel. Many originally-alcantara Performance Package 330s, however, will have had the alcantara wheel swapped out for leather under warranty due to excessive wear of the alcantara.
    Lumbar seat support added to the premium package on the 325.
    CD shuttle became MP3 compatible

Also 9/03 production and on, all 330i/330ci must be ordered with sunroof.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast