Thread: headliner falling at top corners of rear window - which glue to use?

headliner falling at top corners of rear window - which glue to use?

It's already 110+ out here in Phoenix, and yesterday my girl notices that I've got a corner of the headliner hanging down at the top of the rear window. 2 hours later, I notice the OTHER corner is now down. Sheesh! I've already replaced my A-pillar covers, that were peeling badly at the bottom when I bought the car in April. What's the best spray glue stuff to tack the back corners back up? Any special technique? Hopefully whatever I use can handle the brutal Phoenix heat.

'08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '16 Golf R

3M Super77 spray adhesive.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    "Flame suit NOT REQUIRED!!!"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

110 here in Vegas today and just noticed the same thing.

Sucks...

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

if you're referring to the C pillars, just replace those bad boys with new ones. you can get em for pretty cheap on ECS.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    if you're referring to the C pillars, just replace those bad boys with new ones. you can get em for pretty cheap on ECS.
    Op says headliner

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

Op was full of crap. I finally crawled into the back seat and had a closeup look. It's indeed the C-pillars that are droopy. I see that ECS has them. How easy are they to remove/replace? I got my A-pillars off but couldn't get them back into place myself. Not wanting to have to wrestle with the C-pillars, hoping they just snap off/on? Simple trim removal tool does the job, yes?

'08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '16 Golf R

Take off the map light, there is a screw that holds them in

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Op was full of crap. I finally crawled into the back seat and had a closeup look. It's indeed the C-pillars that are droopy. I see that ECS has them. How easy are they to remove/replace? I got my A-pillars off but couldn't get them back into place myself. Not wanting to have to wrestle with the C-pillars, hoping they just snap off/on? Simple trim removal tool does the job, yes?
    Lol....hey, you said it.

kevin, yes a simple pry tool and a torx (T15 I think?) driver will do the trick. fairly easy and straightforward to DIY (i did it myself a few months back). the only trick is getting the bottom corners to fit.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)