Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beware ECS tuning Magnetic oil drain bolt

Just wanted to say I had a magnetic drain bolt on my ZHP until it twisted in half while putting it back on after oil change. Wasn't even close to 18ft/lbs when it snapped.
    Lucky for me I was able to twist it out slowly and replace with the OEM plug.
    Guess thats why the OEM is hollow so you can easily back it out with removal tool if it breaks.
    This is the second time I have used something from ECS that turned out to be poor quality. Just a heads up. Beware.

Thanks for looking out broseph.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah it was pretty hairy for a few until I actually was able to start backing it out using a pick and a whole lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottZHP View Post
    Yeah it was pretty hairy for a few until I actually was able to start backing it out using a pick and a whole lot of patience.
    Dayum.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have never had good luck with ECS just saying....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

I was considering using this but not now. I'll stay with OE for my oil drain plug. As for having luck dealing with ECS, it's been the opposite for me. I have gotten a few items from them and have had excellent results (BMW Performance BBK and ///M deadpedal for sedans).

I have never had an issue with ECS...but make sure they are notified.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    As for having luck dealing with ECS, it's been the opposite for me. I have gotten a few items from them and have had excellent results (BMW Performance BBK and ///M deadpedal for sedans).
    Those are OEM BMW parts though...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Those are OEM BMW parts though...
    Brilliant BP But still purchased from ECS Tuning....

Yeah my issues have always been with shipping. The worst was once I had waited two weeks and still hadn't gotten any kind of shipping conformation so I called them and they said "oh that's on back order its going to be another 2 or 3 weeks." I was like thanks for telling me. So I cancelled the order and got my parts from pelican.

I have had this happen 3 times but that was by far the worst.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast