Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haven't had any issues with the quality of parts but they sent me the wrong items several times. My LaminX tinted film I ordered came clear but labeled tinted. Took one month to get the correct film. Not a big deal but frustrating.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Scott, I contacted ECSTuning. This was there reply to me....

"Thanks Dane, I just read the thread. We're not active on ZHPM, aka a huge pita for situations like this. If Scott will get ahold of my customer service guys I'll make sure he's taken care of. The plug should not have snapped like that.

James"

EDIT: Keep me/us in the loop on this. Additionally, I am moving this to the "REVIEWS" subforum.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Never had any issues with several ECS orders.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Never had any issues with several ECS orders.
    +1

I've spent probably >$5k there....on various parts

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I think it's important to remember that pretty much no vendor manufactures its own parts. As with most other stores, most of their parts will be the kind of things you'd find on Alibaba with their store brand slapped on. So I wouldn't expect the same quality that you'd see from many of the German made products you can buy for our cars.

Response from ECS re: Sheared Oil Pan Drain Plug

Hey guys, I just got a response from Chris over at ECS about this. It definitely is a nice gesture for them to offer a new plug or store credit. Has anyone tried running one of their new plugs?

Chris
    3:35 PM (51 minutes ago)

Thanks for writing. We actually have re-designed plugs that we could send you one of. If you do not wish to run another I would be glad to issue a store credit. Please let me know. Thanks!

On 4/15/2014 3:47 PM, Quik wrote:

Hi,
    I've been a longtime customer of ECS Tuning and your website is always one of the first ones I browse when price checking for different parts or maintenance items I need.

I bought the ECS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug ( http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...Plug/ES251839/ ) about a year ago. The plug worked great at capturing miniscule metallic components in the oil system. I was pleased to see that it was working well.

This past weekend I was performing the third oil-change with that drain plug on my car. After draining the oil, I was putting the plug back in the oil pan. I started to torque the plug at 18 lb/ft and the head sheared off.

I understand the hollow design is used to prevent the threads in the oil pan itself from stripping, which is a very good thing. But, I was disappointed that I was using the torque value specified in the Bentley manual and the plug still failed.

If I'm honest, I was quite concerned, but then was able to get the remaining part of the magnetic plug out by using a screwdriver. I had to make a trip to the local BMW dealer which was 80 miles round trip. So, not a catastrophe, but a definite inconvenience.

I looked online and this seems to be somewhat of a frequent problem with this specific product:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ecs+...x-a&channel=sb

I was just writing to inquire if any research and development is being employed to improve the design and/or construction of this product.

I want you to know that you haven't lost a customer. I plan on continuing to be a patron of your business. However, I won't be buying another one of your magnetic plugs in the near future.

Thank you for your time,
    quik
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Very nice email from you and great response from them. any idea when the new design came on the market? I'm wondering if I have the old or the new?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I had a failed OEM drain plug. AFAIK, a Jiffy Lube over-tightened it and cracked it so it broke when I went to remove it later. It's also possible the drain plug was old, possibly the original. I backed out the remnants with either a pick or screwdriver and I think I put in a generic FLAPS plug. Now I have a UUC Motorwerks magnetic drain plug, and I tighten it ever so carefully...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Very nice email from you and great response from them. any idea when the new design came on the market? I'm wondering if I have the old or the new?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that was an ok response.

A great response would have included a new upgraded plug free of charge, AND a deep discount on a future purchase, as the customer isn't being compensated for time, stress, inconvenience, gas, etc...

I think we just get used to crappy customer service, and when someone gives us average customer service, we think it's great.

Imho.

Samsung Galaxy S5...

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I think that was an ok response.

A great response would have included a new upgraded plug free of charge, AND a deep discount on a future purchase, as the customer isn't being compensated for time, stress, inconvenience, gas, etc...

I think we just get used to crappy customer service, and when someone gives us average customer service, we think it's great.

Imho.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    This..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast