Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    +1

I've spent probably >$5k there....on various parts

Geeeez Dane! U could almost buy another ZHP with all the $$$$ u spend at ECS!

I think that was an ok response.

A great response would have included a new upgraded plug free of charge, AND a deep discount on a future purchase, as the customer isn't being compensated for time, stress, inconvenience, gas, etc...

I think we just get used to crappy customer service, and when someone gives us average customer service, we think it's great.

Imho.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    +2

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

I think that was an ok response.

A great response would have included a new upgraded plug free of charge, AND a deep discount on a future purchase, as the customer isn't being compensated for time, stress, inconvenience, gas, etc...

I think we just get used to crappy customer service, and when someone gives us average customer service, we think it's great.

Imho.

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    This is true.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

They did say they'd send him one for free or if he didn't want one, a store credit. That's what you'd want in this case. Agree that future discount would rock even more.

On a side note: I've send emails to many of my favorite places the past month due to poor execution/taste/whatever, and everyone of them responded with equal or greater value discount/freebies - a local pizza place, PF Changs, another local restaurant, a favorite restaurant in TX (twice!) and even Disneyland. They were all legit, but just happened to have happened w/in the same month.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Not to exhume an old thread here, but I also had issues with the ECS drain plug. Mine sheared off well before 18 ft-lb of torque; right at the end of the magnet inside the plug. Also, the head of it was well over 17mm.

Luckily, I was able to dig it out, get a friend to take me to a machine shop I work at, get an M12x1.5 bolt (stainless this time!), take the head down to 17mm, then get back to my car and finish up the oil change before it got too dark. As if changing your oil in a college apartment parking lot wasn't enough of an adventure, the ECS plug surely added to the night. Sorry about the blurry photo of the replacement, his lifted Cherokee isn't the smoothest ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

What crap.
    In the market for an E90 M3

I bought one of these before my last oil change- went to use it and it threaded in hard almost instantly. Went back to the OEM plug.
    -Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

I'm glad this was posted. I've had this item on my list for a while.

Thank you for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123