Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

BMW... engineered to perfection.

So today I had my fathers zhp for the entire day, I usually get to drive it if I wash it, but I've never had it for the whole day. I changed the air filter, cabin filter, and washed it. Its what I had to do and was glad to do to drive it all day.

I've been driving the car for a few months now, but I guess since this was the first time having it all day, that I truly fell in love with it. The car is simply engineered to perfection. Its as simple as that. Its a feeling you dont get with japanese or american cars.

One, the steering. I rmeember the day we bought it, he let me drive it off the lot. The first thing I told him after driving it was how flawless the steering was. It is PERFECTLY weighted. Heavy, yet not too. Its also incredibly direct. As quick(er) as the steering is in my MINI, the zhp is at another level. I'll take turns in the bim bim and feel bumps from the steering that I never felt in the MINI. I love that. You completely feel the road.

two, the gear box. I was driving with the top down earlier at night and noticed for the first time you can hear a distinct "click" when you put it in first at a stop. Loud enough to hear from many feet away. It is such a small detail, but part of a big picture of how engineered the car really is. Not only that, but its so incredibly direct yet smooth at the same time. Its like butter actually being precise, if you get what im saying.

three, the noise. The factory zhp exhaust just has that european/german sound. You take off at a light and it just sounds like its been built to the highest level of perfection. (alot more noticeable in the vert with the top down) I remember when I had my Porsche 944 before my MINI, it had that same sound. Something as simple as pulling up, let you know this was a machine and not some kitchen appliance toyota. The bim bim has that same distinct sound.

four, the ride. I have never driven a car that is so effing smooth yet so firm at the same time. It is literally the best of both worlds. It actually blows my mind how smooth and firm it is at the same time. and what blows my mind even further is the fact that its riding on 18' rims with 35' side walls. My MINI has the harshest ride in the world and its riding on 17' 45' sidewalls.

hope you guys took the time to read this. im not drunk or anything, just love the craftsmanship of bim's.

edit: oh and rattles associated with verts? hardly. Even with the top up there is literally only one creak from it. My dad even mentioned how quiet it is for a vert. Just another example of BMW engineering.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

When I bought my car, I was so excited as it was literally the first time behind the wheel of a ZHP... I too fell in love with all the details of the car. Unfortunately the car was slightly out of alignment and the tires ware worn and noisy as hell. Well, I drove the car like that, waiting until I could get my hands on some new wheels and tires... Fast forward 4 weeks until early this past week and I get two tires put on the back out of necessity... Also got her aligned as I do with every set of tires. Well, naturally, half of the awful road noise is gone. And now, I too can finally hear the beautiful exhaust note... Wow, I'm in love all over again. I got the go ahead from the wife to complete my wheel and tire package too. I can't wait to have fresh rubber at all 4 corners...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Jon,

Having fresh set of shoes on all four corners makes a big difference as well as having the car aligned. Yeah, I have to admit that having my ZHP in the past year has been fun (as detailed in my project thread) and I enjoy daily driving it (actually prefer it). With that said, my preference for ultimate fun, however, is driving my ///M but on most days when driving my ZHP, I don't miss the ///M like I did when I had my 323i. The ZHP closes the gap in performance much more than my 323i did and is a looker (enter imola red)... I also love the Style 135s that come with our "not so special" cars

Meric Guest
    I thought mine was a ZHP when I first bought it.. I fell in love with mine too. Still love it And you forgot to say the looks of our e46. Much more better than newer and older ones..

It's hard to tell from your pic but I think you're dad and I might have identical cars: 2006 Black Sapphire / Black Convertible. The first time I drove my car was the first time I'd ever driven a ZHP too. That was 6 years ago and I have loved every minute driving it since.

FYI: I've got the 2006 manual and brochures in my e-library http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Library/

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    It's hard to tell from your pic but I think you're dad and I might have identical cars: 2006 Black Sapphire / Black Convertible. The first time I drove my car was the first time I'd ever driven a ZHP too. That was 6 years ago and I have loved every minute driving it since.

FYI: I've got the 2006 manual and brochures in my e-library http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Library/

William.
    Nah, his is sparkling graphite on grey. I also downloaded the PDF's for our cars. I love the zhp section they had for it.

and yea, totally forgot the looks. The E46 is easily the best looking 3 series ever made.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    The E46 is easily the best looking 3 series ever made.
    Except for the E30.

Name:  bam5ogbu2726nvbjle31.jpg
Views: 6383
Size:  447.4 KB
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Except for the E30.

Name:  bam5ogbu2726nvbjle31.jpg
Views: 6383
Size:  447.4 KB
    The only E30 I like BP is the E30 ///M3

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    The only E30 I like BP is the E30 ///M3
    Bah, M3 elitist!

The M3 ain't the only E30 that's worth having, ya know!

(Don't worry, I still love your M!)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Bah, M3 elitist!

The M3 ain't the only E30 that's worth having, ya know!

(Don't worry, I still love your M!)

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    Perhaps not BP, but for me it is... M3 elitist