Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

A/C Issue Continued

Here's my issue..

Last edited by mLuMaN83; 07-01-2012 at 02:17 PM.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Video is not working for me.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Fixed.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

No ideas?

Meric Guest
    Hi your engine isn't working maybe it relates with A/C compressor.. Try that out.

nike001 Guest
    There are two things wrong I'm seeing. The first thing is that you have the temperature set on 72 degrees. 72 degree air is neither hot nor cold.

The 2nd thing I'm seeing is.. take off the "AUTO" feature.

The car is seemingly trying to regulate between hot and cold air to get to the 72 degrees you have set. I'm sure that if you put the temperature setting to 59 and turned off auto, you'd get solid cold air.

Cold temp setting: cold air

Warm temp setting: regulated hot/cold air (especially with AUTO feature on)

Hot temp setting: hot air

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    There are two things wrong I'm seeing. The first thing is that you have the temperature set on 72 degrees. 72 degree air is neither hot nor cold.

The 2nd thing I'm seeing is.. take off the "AUTO" feature.

The car is seemingly trying to regulate between hot and cold air to get to the 72 degrees you have set. I'm sure that if you put the temperature setting to 59 and turned off auto, you'd get solid cold air.

Cold temp setting: cold air

Warm temp setting: regulated hot/cold air (especially with AUTO feature on)

Hot temp setting: hot air
    That was what I was thinking.....what happens with the temp on 59 and no AUTO? Also maybe try turning off the AUTO RECIRCULATE, just set it for fresh, outside air (no lights on) and see if that makes any difference. I agree though, it does seems like you might have some issue with the blend air doors (flaps) even at 72 degrees you shouldn't be getting any HOT air blowing out.

EDIT: I'm just about to head out for a drive in 95 degree temps......I'll experiment with mine a bit and see what AUTO 72 feels like.

Barry
    Last edited by MrMaico; 07-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.

It will be working fine and then all the sudden I get luke warm air. Dropping tempremature does not fix it. I've tried everything to see what happens and nothing makes it go cold again except shutting of the car for awhile then then when I get back in, it's all good. I took the car in to an Indy shop and the guy thinks it is the actual control unit maybe doing wacky things with the flaps in there.

Meric Guest
    You know what go hardcore and clean the sensor inside the unit. Maybe it will help.. ?