Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What do you guys think?

So I was wandering what's your guy's opinion on matte colors. I've been trying to do some research and see how this would work for a daily driver, but I want your input now.

To give you an idea I wanted to go with this color.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637137

That matte blue is . I'm not sure how you have to care for that kind of paint job. I think it would be a pain.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPillows View Post
    So I was wandering what's your guy's opinion on matte colors. I've been trying to do some research and see how this would work for a daily driver, but I want your input now.

To give you an idea I wanted to go with this color.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637137
    Are you planning on making your entire car a matte blue color?

As far as the color goes, it looks really good on that M3. But I think it would be a little funny on a car without the right cosmetically supporting mods. To better explain what I mean, take a look at the M3 in the picture and imagine your car with that hood. That M3 looks sick with that hood, but when it is attached to your car (or any standard 3series), it looks a little overboard. Too much is going on. To help support the look, you would need some carbon fiber accents, a lip, a trunk lid, etc. Having a matte blue car would look really nice, but I think it is one of those things that a car can or can't pull off.

Now I'm not saying that your car can't pull it off, but without pictures of it first, I can only use my minds eye to draw an image. I just don't think it would look "right". Again without seeing it in person, I can't say with 100% certainty. But I hardly ever see cars with a matte paint job that don't already have 500whp and carbon fiber.

As far as maintaining a matte paint, I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier. Since it doesn't have much of a reflective surface, it can hide scratches and blemishes REALLY well. Since I don't know a whole lot about matte colors, I assume that it has a clearcoat like regular paint does to protect it.

On another note, looking at the rear end of that M3 is like looking up Kim Kardashians skirt.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Spray paint it with blue plasti dip to test it out. It'll be matte, and then you can peel it all off either way and repaint with real matte paint if you liked it.

I'm not completely serious...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

On another note, looking at the rear end of that M3 is like looking up Kim Kardashians skirt.
    So true.

But to your other points the goal is to get CSL front bumper with m3 mirrors. Then have black trim splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Spray paint it with blue plasti dip to test it out. It'll be matte, and then you can peel it all off either way and repaint with real matte paint if you liked it.

I'm not completely serious...lol.

Plasti dip is the poor mans solution lol. Its good, if you plan on it being temporary. I've had numerous parts of my car blacked out with it for about 2 years now and let me tell you.... that sh#t aint peelin off. Two years of sun beating on it almost infused it with the car. I'd have to scrape the crap out of it to get off. Thats actually what I did with one part that I had to re-do.

Only do plasti dip if you plan on it staying like that (you could always peel it off if its not on too long) and you have a budget. Done right though, it does look awesome on cars. Its a great cheap "mod".
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

I peeled mine off a year later and it was totally fine... I guess I kept it in the garage though, so maybe that makes a difference. I know people hate on it a lot, but I honestly don't think it's a bad solution for certain things.

I think the matte paint looks sick on the right car that can support that kind of look, as said above..

Beau

Quote Originally Posted by Beau B View Post
    I think the matte paint looks sick on the right car that can support that kind of look, as said above..

Beau
    +1. I like it, something different, but I think it has to be the right car.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have to say on a plain stock E46 it will look different but not sure it will look great. I feel with that color, you will need carbon fiber accents (front lip, rear lip, hood, bootlid, and roof panel), an awesome set of wheels, and coilover suspension to make the car look great but that's my opinion

If you really want that color then go for it

TT + iPhone4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast