Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I always wondered myself. But the fact you can't correct a scratch at home is ridiculous. And the BMW paint tech's evasiveness about repairing chips makes me believe that a Dr. Colorchip fix is out of the question, if you expect it look good. Then the the knock down sheet was crazy. All painter's should do a knockdown sheet before painting anything, new or respray. But when they showed the major differences in slight adjustments with hardeners, that means a repair is probably going to look like a repair and wont match the original paint.

So I guess if you see someone with a clean frozen paintjob, just assume they're ballers and have the car resprayed every year.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I always wondered myself. But the fact you can't correct a scratch at home is ridiculous. And the BMW paint tech's evasiveness about repairing chips makes me believe that a Dr. Colorchip fix is out of the question, if you expect it look good. Then the the knock down sheet was crazy. All painter's should do a knockdown sheet before painting anything, new or respray. But when they showed the major differences in slight adjustments with hardeners, that means a repair is probably going to look like a repair and wont match the original paint.

So I guess if you see someone with a clean frozen paintjob, just assume they're ballers and have the car resprayed every year.
    That's what would scare me. That's a LOT of talk about a LOT of things just to say how to repair a scratch, without a LOT of detail.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I've decided to keep the same color. Only because right now I don't believe I can manage to keep the car in good condition especially since I dont have a garage to protect it. But glad to see so many people enjoy the color. :D maybe I'll consider that on the miata I'll be getting soon

saw a frozen silver e92 M3 being delivered today while I was getting supplies at one of the local dealerships. Looked hella good.

Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234