Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The left front started to strip and I said fuck it; then moved on to the other wheels. I couldn't get the right rear sensor out, but the left rear and right front were fairly clean.

And in my quest to find out what's going on with my ABS\DSC I found this...

So... how screwed am I? The car has spent almost all of it's life in the north east so I'm going to blame road salt.

I would clean up those areas really good, and maybe buy new bearing nuts. Replace bearings as preventative maintenance, if need be. Soak the crap outta the speed sensor retaining bolts with PB Blaster or Iron-X, then try to remove again.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane, just a good wire brushing should do the trick for cleaning, right?

I'll order new bearing nuts and bearings tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    Thanks Dane, just a good wire brushing should do the trick for cleaning, right?

I'll order new bearing nuts and bearings tomorrow.
    Yup. Just a wire brush. I wouldn't mechanically clean.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Whenever I pop the windows open the seals stick to the window and further rip the seals. I suspect that replacing them is a gigantic pain in the ass. The DIY linked has half of the solution for me, I'm just a little antsy about the project for no good reason.
    Both of those upper window seals are cracked on mine also. But they are so Dam exspensive to replace. I actually used some black RTV to fill in the crack so water doesn't get in. Ghetto repair but I'm not spending $600-700 on two new seals!

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

So you basically just glued it back together with some silicone?

So you basically just glued it back together with some silicone?
    Sounds like he just filled in the cracks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123