Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    As far as my own novice eyes saw there are no tears. Thanks for reminding me, there are times dependent on just how rough the start up was, there can be a rather strong smell of fuel. I honestly cannot say where it is coming from. But I can smell it from inside the car. 2. I would very much appreciate being walked through this. 3. Honestly not sure how I can tell if my starter is going bad? Like I mentioned earlier it is not always like that, there are times where it starts perfect. Also I should note, that if it starts bad...I can turn off the car and turn it back on normally.

After you shut the car off, wait five minutes then open the hood and smell around the fuel rail. Let me know what the results.

I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary. I did have the engine cover on. Not sure if thay will make too much of a difference but all I smelled was hot engine :D

I think DW mentioned this above but you may have a fuel delivery issue. You need to check the fuel pressure at the rail. Maybe clogged filter or a clog in the gas line?

Are you experiencing any coolant loss?

Okay I will hunt down a fuel pressure gauge. A friend had lent me one but it wasn't working right. I did at one point but it was because of a stupid mistake I had made, and it was fixed within a day. Definitely not related to the problem.

Hey everyone back at it again. I've been juggling school among other things, but I have once again attempted to attack the problem that's been eluding me since I first got the car. Let me first start by going over what the problem is in more detail; start up takes very long, it cranks and cranks. After start up car makes a "clunking" uneven noise. After delivering some gas, car idles normally. There is a very powerful and pungent smell of gasoline, so I am starting up incredibly rich.

Now things I have replaced to tackle this issue. Firstly no codes of value came up when I last checked in the fall/winter. Fuel pump has been replaced as of last summer, fuel filter was replaced about 20k ago. Spark plugs about 15k, battery last summer. I swapped my Icv with a friends and the problem didn't improve at all. No sight of boot tears either. Any help would be awesome!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123