Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

How to setup a BMW Diagnostic Computer v.2 > With Files doityourself

So....Charlie was kind enough and had enough foresight to save files to his computer prior to deletion by a defector. In the process of uploading them now. Thanks to Boss for upgrading my upload limit to make this possible for the Community.

File names have the page numbers of the thread I believe, so reading them in order should make sense. Additional data point is that you can't upload a "Zipped" file. I did not know that.

MACOSX files are in post #3.

Enjoy.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Actually, they will all work on PCs as well. All these files are saved in .pdf format so if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader then you should be able to look at them

I just downloaded a file from the PC list and it worked on my mac

Excellent!
    I have an old Dell Latitude D630 with XP and a DB9 serial port that I use for programming with other software (NavCoder, Intravee, etc).

I plan to get NCS Expert going ASAP. This cable just came in from Romania which supposedly will work. It also came with NCS Expert and some instructions on a DVD. I'll post more once i get things going.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/260974322749...S:1123&vxp=mtr

thanks for this. Most of this is all scattered over the internet but its nice to have it all laid out for ya. I read another place where the editing of the INI file was different and let to my APItest to have a host error . I followed this one and manage to get the API test to test out! Just have to wait till tomorrow to get on a charger to see if this works!

APItest was working so it meant the GT1 could read out of the virtual machine and onto physical ports. I got stuck where I couldn't detect a diaghead from GT1. The GT1 could be pinged from Vista cmd prompt but it didn't see it from the GT1 side.

I found out you need a diaghead install as well. (should be on the EASY GT Folder on 4share)

I had to run the diaghead software. Hit the run on the diaghead software then turn on the IFHSrv.exe. The boot up GT1 and setup the connect the diaghead under adminstration connect diaghead. I got it to read my vin automatically. I didn't have anymore time today to short test but it looks like it should be working soon! I don't have my driver seat as well so driver seat memory is not working and I know programming is out of the question. (No real reason for me to use it since I do have access to ISSS at work)

I am going to be typing up instructions using PASoft to recode a used LCM in a few days to supplement this thread.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I am going to be typing up instructions using PASoft to recode a used LCM in a few days to supplement this thread.
    Can't wait. Am in the process of building a diag/coding computer, and Strider needs to have his LCM recoded.

~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast