Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yes they do. Personally, I'm very pleased with how it turned out and can't wait for the next few cars coming up
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Got a new bag today at Lowes. Everything shown in the picture, which is the stuff I normally carry with me, fits into the bag! It rolls and is pretty durable and has a Lifetime Warranty. It holds ALL of my stuff besides my buffer and towels. I will use my griot's garage bag for my buffer and such and then I have a tote for my towels or I could even lay them on top in the Kobalt bag since there is still quite a bit of room on top. I'm very happy with the bag overall!

-Chris-

That thing is perfect....and I endorse Kobalt. Well done.

Oh yeah....you need more detailing shit
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane.

That's not all of my stuff either I haz more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

Impressive!

Needs more

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

There will definitely be more haha. I had about another 10 products out of the pic cause I don't use them regularly. I'm still experimenting with different products to find the ones I like.

Sorry the thread has been slow. It's been hell week so no cars this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to do one or two this coming weekend. The gtr is having some things done to it before I can get to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris-

Don't wanna start another thread but here are my latest details from this weekend and last weekend.

Lexus GX460-full correction
    DSC_0079 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0080 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0083 by c.merritt, on Flickr

BMW 328i-basic detail
    DSC_0096 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0100 by c.merritt, on Flickr

Audi V10 S6-full correction detail. Thing was disgusting when I got it...
    Some before and afters--
    IMG_6032 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    IMG_6031 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    IMG_6030 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    Customer's Audi S6 by c.merritt, on Flickr

Now the one you guys would care about. I picked this up yesterday around lunch and finished it up tonight. 13 hours were put into the paint correction/detailing. It's a 2013 BMW 550i M-sport. Jet black of all colors. At least I've had 2 jet black cars so I was able to handle it pretty well. Did a 3 stage paint correction/polish. I'm very happy with the results and very proud of this one.
    Before:
    IMG_6083 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    IMG_6088 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    IMG_6093 by c.merritt, on Flickr

50/50 shot after first correction pass
    IMG_6129 by c.merritt, on Flickr

Afters:
    DSC_0105 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0106 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0117 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0116 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0115 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0108 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0111 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0128 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    DSC_0130 by c.merritt, on Flickr
    Last edited by HokieZHP; 06-23-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    -Chris-

Awesome thread. Could you post some pics of the engine bay(s) before/after? I'd like to try and keep mine as clean and as refreshed as possible, but am curious as to how to go about doing so, e.g. what do I need to cover, can I spray it down with the hose, products to use, etc?

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I wish I had some before pics of the engine bay. I completely blanked on the Lexus and only got an after pic. I don't offer it as a regular part of any of my details, it's an add on service the customer chooses.

For the ZHP you should cover the alternator, any exposed air filter if you have one and any other electrics you see that are in the open. I used a plastic bag or tin foil to cover the alternator on my ZHP when I had it. You can use a hose as long as it's not a direct stream. Usually I'll use the mist function on my nozzle to wet the engine bay down lightly. Then use my APC and various brushes. Then I'll spray if off with a shower setting so it's not high pressure or a ton of water going in at once. I also keep the stream of water constantly panning back and forth to prevent to much water buildup anywhere.

As far as products, I use Grime Reaper as my APC. Diluted anywhere from 10:1 to 2:1 depending on how bad the grime is. I use an assortment of brushes to scrub then hose it off. Then I'll dress with either optimum dressing or chemical guys gel depding on which I grab first.
    -Chris-

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast