Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sorry to see this.

The following applies to you and anybody who is involved in an accident and needs to work with an insurance company:

I had a really interesting (and long) discussion with a body shop owner in Washington a year or two ago regarding accidents and insurance and claims. I'll have to research hard who this was, though I called him for a PPI on a car I was looking at, and he was so forthcoming, I could no longer consider the car I was interested, specifically due to his findings. He was referred to me by the lot selling the car too, almost funny.

Essentially what he was saying, in cases like yours, you would refuse to accept the claim and tell the insurance company you are going to sue them for damages, loss of use, and legal fees. Seemed like a bit of a scam, but the guy, (Jeff it turns out-see below) said it's the way to go. Not having a wrecked car, I didn't have to give it a go.

OK - I did some looking and determined I spoke to Jeff at Haury's Lake City Collision in Lake City, Washington. Attached is the link to the yelp review which mention both positive and negative results of his methods.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/haurys-lake-...lision-seattle

I do think he'd give you the same information about the method, if you were to call, and he had available time. I wouldn't tell him you are in Tennessee, (and you'd want to be sure of the local laws), but I would call him and ask him to detail how he does this. If nothing else it would be an interesting conversation. My conversation with him has stuck in my head, and was the first thing I thought of when I read this post.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hochspannung View Post
    my car was in an accident that was similar damage when it was almost new. the damages were $11000, new hood, fenders, bumper, headlamps, rad, fan, and all the small stuff.. headlight washers, etc... my car still has a clean title though
    Yours did not meet their definition of total loss...which is based on a % of damage to care value. USAA is 80%

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Holy crap, im sorry to hear that. that sucks a lot. you should talk to you adjustor and explain to him how you babied it and your situation. maybe he will raise the price a bit.

if you ever part out, let me know. i would to take the rear bumper off you.

Dane - I'm not having to go through my insurance. Claim is filed through the insurance of the girl who ran the stop sign.

I did call the guy back who I talked to earlier this morning and told him his values were unacceptable. I can't get close to a 79k mile zhp that is in similar condition to my own for the $14k he offered. I told him both KBB and NADA are significantly higher, and comparable cars on the market currently are priced $2-3k higher than his offer. I'm crossing my fingers he reconsiders his values.

Meric Guest
    Hi so sorry to hear this man. It really sucks. But I suggest dont keep the car. Even tho everything is fixed it will not be the same as it was used to something will be loose or not feel right. (I know it because i've seen alot of my friends who have done it) Good luck mate! :/

An 05 with 77K it definitely worth more than 14K. I'm just assuming everything else (paint interior) was in good condition as well. I'm really not sure what to say.

I can't believe this situation. Best of luck.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Consult as attorney in your state. It shouldn't cost you much to at least tell your story to a lawyer and get a quick opinion onto what your options are.

BTW, here's perfect replacement for you... http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51
    2004 ZHP * IMOLAROT II * OEM Clears * ///M Strut * CoolantSnitch

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    Hi so sorry to hear this man. It really sucks. But I suggest dont keep the car. Even tho everything is fixed it will not be the same as it was used to something will be loose or not feel right. (I know it because i've seen alot of my friends who have done it) Good luck mate! :/
    Thanks, Meric. I tend to think the same way. Something will always just be a little bit off and it will drive me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    An 05 with 77K it definitely worth more than 14K. I'm just assuming everything else (paint interior) was in good condition as well. I'm really not sure what to say.

I can't believe this situation. Best of luck.
    Paint and body was in good shape. Front bumper has some scapes on the very bottom and there was a ding here and there, but overall in good shape. Interior was damn near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by nk_zhp View Post
    Consult as attorney in your state. It shouldn't cost you much to at least tell your story to a lawyer and get a quick opinion onto what your options are.

BTW, here's perfect replacement for you... http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...orm_display=51
    I might have to if things don't get worked out to my liking. And I've eyed that same zhp, but $25k is a bit steep. I might as well get something with 98 more horsepower and two less doors for that price.

Just an update - apparently, the guy I talked to this morning was from the shop's insurance company - not from the girl who ran the stop sign's company. The girl who was at fault's insurance company still hasn't determined liability because the guy from the shop won't answer their questions. So, I'm a little confused how the shop's insurance company could already have an offer for me, but the primary company involved has yet to determine liability. I'm supposed to hear back from them this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    This. The car will never be the same. If you get the insurance company to give you exactly what you owe, you'd be really lucky; they usually skimp as much as they can. But, if they do give you what you owe, it is my opinion that you should pay off what you owe and buy another car. Once in a collision, the car will only be worse in the future; it'll never be the same.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast