Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Along this line...if you intend to salvage....I'll take the whole set of moldings....
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    EDIT: Where's the car now? If your '05 has AL xenon headlights, I call dibs...
    Speaking of...

Had the dog out last night and a neighbor's babysitter's car was parked on the street. Worst looking E46 I've seen. 325 sedan in terrible shape. But with AL xenons. So annoying. Wanted to "trade."

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    So I just spoke with a friend who went thru something similar last year: she was not at-fault and the at-fault's ins co was low-baling. She went thru her ins co. They went to bat for her. It wasn't some special favor; presumably all of that is spelled out in your policy. Anyhow, it worked and she was ultimately able to get a much better settlement. This route was, ironically, recommended by the rep at the at-fault's ins co.

NOTE: you'll need to call your ins co either way in that you should not be paying to insure a car that has been damaged and is not in service. They should owe you a credit back to the date of the accident.

The friend in question took the settlement $$ and had her Land Rover fixed by an indie paint & body guy. She came out way ahead. One difference tho is she had title in-hand, therefore no issues with salvage title issuance.

EDIT: Where's the car now? If your '05 has AL xenon headlights, I call dibs...
    I think the car is still at the towing yard. I haven't been by in a few weeks. But the headlights were ZKWs anyway. But I not going to have it repaired.

Going to my insurance is still on the table, but I want to first, see what the claims adjuster's supervisor can do for me (should get a call from him today). My next step would be to go to the shop owner for the difference of what his insurance gives me and what I want. My third possible course of action is to go to my insurance company.

This "talk to the supervisor" feels like a sham. They'll up a little, but not to what you ask. Refuse the first offer from the supervisor too. Tell them it's not a "fair" offer as it's not the value of your car.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I should have noted above: the advice to go thru your ins carrier comes from a lawyer who's well versed in this realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Nova View Post
    I think the car is still at the towing yard. I haven't been by in a few weeks. But the headlights were ZKWs anyway. But I not going to have it repaired.

Going to my insurance is still on the table, but I want to first, see what the claims adjuster's supervisor can do for me (should get a call from him today). My next step would be to go to the shop owner for the difference of what his insurance gives me and what I want. My third possible course of action is to go to my insurance company.
    Would you be able to confirm if you have access to retrieve parts from the car? PM sent.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Well, I took their latest offer today. They came up to kbb ($15.8k) and with the sales tax figure, I end up getting about $17.2k. But since they are actually valuing the car at $15.8k, I'm going to ask the shop owner to honor is suggestion that he would make up the difference if I am not happy.
    Last edited by Rock Nova; 07-27-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Great outcome! Hope to see you back in a ZHP.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I know it's not all you wanted but at least it's behind you and you can start looking for a new ZHP!
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Wow. So with the salex tax figure, you're back to pretty much being able to pay off what you owe, right?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast