Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Post a WTB on e46f.c, or look in the parting out section of the classifieds.
    Thank you J. That may be a possibility...if they support the E36 cars over there. Otherwise I can hop on 318ti.org and see if anyone has one there I suppose. I was originally thinking that a rebuilt/re-manufactured unit would be the best way to go, hence my not going that route (yet). That may be the best option though, depending on what is available. Either that or a big block of ice that I can put in front of the air vents in the cabin.

Oh, forgot it was for E36!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Oh, forgot it was for E36!
    HAHA, no worries. Just one of 'dem cars with a propeller up on da hood!

My buddy said he would be able to look around to find one. If you want me to give him the go ahead I can. I'm pretty sure he's gonna check junkyards.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Rob, that is extremely kind and generous. The issue with the existing compressor on the car is that it is just getting a bit tired from what I can tell after years of trusted service, though it does still work - just not as well as it used to. It does not get cold like it used to, and the compressor often sounds like a coffee peculator when I shut off the car. With that in mind, I am really wondering if I am better off trying to get a decent rebuilt unit that should be good to go for a few years. I have purchased used parts before and they have worked well, but with the compressor I am wondering if it would be better to go rebuilt?

I get the coffee percolator sound every time when shutting off my E36 M3. If your compressor isn't locked up, I'd look into a recharge or possible other issue if you haven't already done so. The A/C works amazing in my M3, even with the 105 degree temps yesterday.

With a past E36 M3 sedan a few years ago, I went the eBay rebuilt route and had very good luck with that, but of course ymmv.

You might as well go aftermarket. Just make sure to read reviews on whatever it is you are about to buy. Rebuilt = way more $
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

sorry for the late reply. It was from the 6cyl M54.

Thanks to all for the thoughts & ideas. Leaning towards a rebuilt Behr unit. Def. will check out reliability first though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-Brettski

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12