Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm new here

I'm new here

Yes I am new here. I purchased my car in sept. of 09 after a very long search, I drove numerous other bmws, but this was the one when I got in for the first time. It is been great to me so far. When I got it I changed the oil when I got it home. The next day after some country road driving, I smelled oil. My valve cover gasket was leaking. Changed that and the spark plugs. I have done a lot of research thanks to the other forums.
    Next thing that happened about 5k miles later, and guess what, after an oil change. My oil filter housing gasket started to leak. So I replaced that. Then I found out about the xenon bowls getting burnt. I actually found someone selling unburnt bowls just down the street from me for $100,yea. Well when I got them home and started to put them in I decided that they should be clean as well as the bulbs and guess what, alcohol takes the already cheap chrome off with one wipe.
    Then as a matter of necessity I did the FXR retrofit. Luckily this is my garage queen and don't drive it everyday, because it took me two weeks to do it.
    Then I had a worry that the coolant in my car was not blue, so I drained and bled that. And it was, and look pretty clean too.
    Thus far the only other incident was driving my 2 year old son to the emergency room, got a flat tire. So I had to purchase 2 rear tires (I am anal about replacing one tire at a time) So if anybody in the Atlanta area needs one nitto nt555 255/35/18 with about 5000 miles on it you can have for free. Its just sitting in the garage.
    Parts I have that need to go on:
    Stewart water pump along with the rest of the cooling system
    UUC front control arm bushings
    BMW cross drilled rotors
    UUC stainless stell brake lines
    Sorry to go on for so long, I didn't realize I had so much to say.

ZKW's FTL...Your story makes me cry.

Great intro...and thanks for the background.

Welcome to the site.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hey Aidan, Welcome. Man if you would have been here a week earlier, I have a buddy in Decatur that would have been all over that tire! Hes all set now though.
    -ADAM

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
    Yea the headlight situation really sucks but it worked out for the best. The fxr's are no joke.

Welcome!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Welcome to the site, Aidan. Thanks for the introduction.

Welcome

Welcome, Aidan. What was your previous ride?

Quote Originally Posted by DESANT View Post
    Welcome, Aidan. What was your previous ride?
    I had a 99 integra which I drove everywhere til I got a job with a company vehicle and had a kid. That is why I had to get a 4dr, but it had to be a toy. I also have a 06 xterra and a 07 pilot (wife's car).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast