Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dr. Vanos

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.
    +1

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    so feedback after having the Dr Vanos kit/VCG/spark plug work done...

extremely satisfied so far. first off: the sound. no more rattle! just butter smooth inline-6 goodness. it's so nice to listen to the engine at 2k+ RPMs bounce off a tunnel or underpass and not hear the marbles in a tin can sound.

secondly: performance. i wasn't sure what to expect but honestly it feels like i gained 5-10hp. i put zero stock in whether or not i actually gained anything at the wheels but to me it sure feels like it. off-idle power delivery has noticebaly improved. launching from a stop in 2nd gear no longer produces the slight glug-glug-glug as it did previously. deceleration through the RPM band is much smoother as well.

finally: customer experience. A+ to both Dr Vanos (got my order next day since they ship from Austin) and to the guys at Bavarian Machine Specialties here in Houston. John cut me a nice discount on labor and had the original Vanos core boxed up in my trunk and ready to be mailed out for return. as always they offered rides to and from work as needed as a convenience.

we will see how the performance holds up over time but for now i am very happy to finally have my Vanos done.
    Cool! also used the DR Vanos kit about a year and a half ago... no problem. I noticed an increase in power too. Mostly improved low end torque
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Great job and good to hear. I did the Beisan Vanos refresh and anti rattle kit and am also very satisfied withthemissing the results.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345